The 70's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Old Grey Whistle Test, Thin Lizzy, Moroccan Soap Bar.

clid61

Veteran
Im 54 loved the 70s , lived early 70s in Munich , late 70s in Warrington, wouldnt change a thing ! As i wouldnt change the 80s 90s and so on !

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Sometime in the mid-to-late 70s (it was before we moved to the new-build housing Association house in Alvaston in about '78), we had a HMV black & white portable (trans: it had a handle) with a knob for tuning as the upstairs telly. It had been dropped or something, because the screen was at an angle. I remember being allowed to stay up late because Mum was on the telly - she'd been to a recording of some band, and was there at the end of a row with her loose crotcheted jumper and her long permed hair...

The downstairs telly was a Deccacolour, which died when the tube went. It was replaced by a rental telly - initially one with a 50p meter. We didn't buy a main telly until the mid-80s, from that electrical retailer that advertised that they gave you a plug and a screwdriver - Connect?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
And these were buzzing about all over the place.
And these where bouncing around every where ....
Space-hoppers.co.uk.gif

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

View: https://youtu.be/CvGaQqxs7eY

I remember this on Saturday nights which us kids got to see when we had family round for gossip and cards.

I lived down the block from a relative of Telly Savalas. Never saw Aristotlellis around, though. (One heck of a poker player, I'm told.)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
And these where bouncing around every where ....
Space-hoppers.co.uk.gif

As kids, we had a secondhand one of these in the late '80s/early '90s, and I liked it so much that my best friend at the time and I pretended that I married it. :blush:

We hosed the 'lucky lady' down, cleaning 'her', before pretending to get all cleaned and dressed up ourselves. Then we had the ceremony in the front garden and on the pavement in front of the house with my friend being the Minister and the Best Man Boy, before the pretend pictures were taken!

Sweet, but a bit odd and heck only knows what our parents must have thought! :rofl:
As for the face, I remember seeing it as being like a dog or similar, but I always saw 'her' as being her own species of little horned bouncing animal. :hyper:
Actually 'she' was always a boy really (ooh err!).

With hindsight, I now realise that even though I was about 7 at the time, I had already been living in sin as I had rode 'her' plenty of times before we got married!! (And what's more, everyone else had already ridden 'her' too.... The slag!!) :giggle:

My 'wife' got thrown out one day scarring me for life upsetting me :cry:, but, at least we were happy together for the time we had! :laugh:

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I had similar connection to an Irish Mail, but that was in the "60s. This is a picture from Classic Pedalcars site.
DSCF3666.jpg

It was just like this one, and named Colleen. her handle broke, and a new one was fabricated. When that one broke, I was already quite on the bicycles, and the sweet Colleen was passed on to the neighbor children. She was repaired and re-tired many times, and I think she was still around the neighborhood when I was in high school.

Fubar

Guru
As kids, we had a secondhand one of these in the late '80s/early '90s, and I liked it so much that my best friend at the time and I pretended that I married it. :blush:

We hosed the 'lucky lady' down, cleaning 'her', before pretending to get all cleaned and dressed up ourselves. Then we had the ceremony in the front garden and on the pavement in front of the house with my friend being the Minister and the Best Man Boy, before the pretend pictures were taken!

Sweet, but a bit odd and heck only knows what our parents must have thought! :rofl:
As for the face, I remember seeing it as being like a dog or similar, but I always saw 'her' as being her own species of little bouncing animal. :hyper:

With hindsight, I now realise that even though I was about 7 at the time, I had already been living in sin as I had rode 'her' plenty of times before we got married!! (And what's more, everyone else had already ridden 'her' too.... The slag!!) :giggle:

My 'wife' got thrown out one day scarring me for life upsetting me :cry:, but, at least we were happy together for the time we had! :laugh:

You are a strange, strange man - do I really want to go on tour with you?!?

stephec

Legendary Member

As for the face, I remember seeing it as being like a dog or similar, but I always saw 'her' as being her own species of little bouncing animal. :hyper:

This has got to be post of the day. :biggrin:

Top Bottom