The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don't know what's the matter with me , keep buying these cheap Strats which comes up for sale locally.
This is Squire SE. Originally came with the a 'Strat pack' to include amp, bag and lead. Don't know the date as there's no serial number because it came on sticker which usually gets removed.
If you're looking for a inexpensive Strat ( @DRM )these are ideal. All Squire Strats (AFAIK) have thinner body than the Fender model but this is the same as MIM, hence you can put a Fender thick trem block in and a rotary 5 way. Agathis body.
Few nicks and scrapes but I've touched them in. Restrung with Ernie Ball Super Slinkies, a bit of neck adjustment and a fiddle with the saddles, plays great. Bought for £60.

IMG_20230909_132048.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
385262568_2556624674496805_6599048719268750143_n.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Is that what has replaced the affinity @DCBassman ?
Have you bought one,?
Disappointed no skunk stripe.

That means you won't be needing that broken down old Fender P bass any more. Just sling it my way. I'm coming over next week.

Last edited:
Is that what has replaced the affinity
No, in additionto it.
@DCBassman ?
Have you bought one,?
yes!
Disappointed no skunk stripe.
Cap neck, so no technical need.
That means you won't be needing that broken down old Fender P bass any more. Just sling it my way. I'm coming over next week.
Once I've got hold of some extra bits and bobs, both will be upgraded or renovated, as required!

Top Bottom