The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No, in additionto it.

yes!
I actually meant is this the model that has replaced the Affinity in Squire's line up or is it the 'Standard'? I didn't know you had an Affinity.
What's it like? I am coming over next week and was thing of maybe getting one to bring back, although I can't really complain about my £100 Amazon P with a EMG active pickup which I really like. Even bought some Gotoh tuners for it but the stock ones are pretty good so haven't replaced them.

PXL_20210310_085919037.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
House move is imminent and I've 8 basses for which I don't have gig bags (the Geddy Lee and RickO came with a heavily padded gig bag and hard case respectively.)

I can't afford 400 plus sovs for decent gig bags so they be wrapped in blankets and bound with 3M gaffer tape. That also solves the problem of where to put 8 blanklets during the move.

I'll keep the Steinberger and Tascam headphone amp with me, but everything else is going to our rhythm guitarists house the night before and I dan collect them a day or so latter when less busy. I don't want to entrust them to the removal men, and won't have the time to faff about with them myself on the day.

I actually meant is this the model that has replaced the Affinity in Squire's line up or is it the 'Standard'? I didn't know you had an Affinity.
What's it like? I am coming over next week and was thing of maybe getting one to bring back, although I can't really complain about my £100 Amazon P with a EMG active pickup which I really like. Even bought some Gotoh tuners for it but the stock ones are pretty good so haven't replaced them.

View attachment 710768
No, what I meant is that this is another range in addition to the Affinity series. For the price, £169, I can't find too much wrong with it. I will no doubt mod the hell out of it, but that's me!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
We're lucky down here @Drago . You can pick up all sorts of stuff here for little money if you look. Got this Anderson's bass bag and guitar bag the other week for 10 cedis ea (about .70p) in the market. Even the Givson' bag was only a tenner new and actually very good quality.

1697878644946432233655486426747.jpg

SuffolkBlue

Just browsing Ebay this morning. Quote "The guitar is used and the action is high but is in still good playable condition"
Really, I'd never have noticed. Surely not playable by any stretch of the imagination? The neck is coming away at the heel joint in the photo so probably what's causing the issue although the bridge looks as though it is lifting too on the other photos (although that might be just the photo angle). Really needs to be listed as spares or repair?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/186172293002?hash=item2b58bbbf8a:g:qWQAAOSw2pBlVPA8

High Action.jpg

DRM

Guru
That ad was never posted by a guitarist or anyone that knows anything about guitars.

Some chancer that’s probably got it from a house clearance, the neck looks quite bowed too, the action looks ridiculously high, as well as the neck pulling away, there’s something very wrong there, wonder if it’s had a new bridge fitted without setting the height?

SuffolkBlue

... whatever, I suspect it's beyond hope.

Agreed, but maybe salvageable with a complete strip down and rebuild (I mean remove neck, etc). I suppose you wouldn't really know until it was in your hands? I'm no luthier but I'd quite like to have a go just for the experience but it would have to pretty much be a freebie. No way I'd pay £50 for it (someone has actually bid - unless it's shill bid). I imagine £50 would be reasonable if it were in good condition?

Well, the Squier Sonic P-bass, although it played really well, turned out to have a duff truss rod. So back it has gone. :sad:
BUT...in its place I've just received a Squier Classic Vibe 70s Precision, and what a good result this is! It just might be the best Precision I've ever played, and that's as it came out of the box!

20231206_114357.jpg

20231206_114432.jpg

20231206_114411.jpg

20231206_114501.jpg

20231206_114603.jpg

The last pic makes the action look bad, but it really isn't.
Much pleasedness!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
The classic vibes are something else, easily a match for the Fe dermPlayer series at 300+ quid more. I have the '54 transition shaped CV with a dirty great mudbucker grafted onto it, and have my eye on a 70s CV precision with a view to making a Phil lynott replica.

Top Bottom