The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I was chatting to our lead guitarists 12 year old lad the other day. Hes quite a handy drummer, so I asked him who his hero was.

I was expecting him to say Dave grohl, or even Neal Peart if he had a prog bent, or even John Bonham if he was a rocker, but you could have knocked me down with a feather when he said, "Ginger Baker."

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I was chatting to our lead guitarists 12 year old lad the other day. Hes quite a handy drummer, so I asked him who his hero was.

I was expecting him to say Dave grohl, or even Neal Peart if he had a prog bent, or even John Bonham if he was a rocker, but you could have knocked me down with a feather when he said, "Ginger Baker."
I love that some kids still like quality musicians, mainly thanks to paerents I guess. I went to a record fair with my daughter around 10 years old and as she walked in she commented that the BB King album playing was one of her favourite albums. The stall holders was impressed.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Was never into Cream. Never really into Clapton, if truth be told, although somehow I ended up with a half of dozen of his albums. But iIdo think he's good when with others. I was watching a documentary on The Band (how good were they!) the other day and Clapton's playing on Further On Up The Road was great. If i was a drummer, I think my favourite drummer might well be Richie Hayward out of Little Feat.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
40 minutes done on the violin. Its great fun to play.

However, not very comfortable sitting down. Ive been spoiled with deep cutaways and comfort countours, and the sharp edges and abrupt waistline design are not terribly comfortable.

It ought to be much better with a strap, so new strap ordered.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Im not especially a Clapton fan, but love Cream. Im just an old fart.

Clapton himself always struck me as a bit of an Arse, stealing his best friends wife, and spending a whole decade pithed. Now hes refusing to play any shows where any kind of proof of vaccination is required to access the venue.
He's gone down again in my estimation because of the vaccine thing, but some of the rest can be explained to a degree by his seriosuly weird childhood. I also get the impression that these days he also regrets spending a decade or more off his chump on booze and coke.

Edited to add: I'm also more of a Cream fan than of his solo stuff. It all started when my dad bought me a copy of Wheels of Fire as an off the cuff 18th birthday present.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Reminds me of this...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
awesome that Steve Hillage is included... he's one of our unsung greats. The huge atmospheric intro to Motivation Radio is pure class. I was only listening to it yesterday. Shame his lyrics are bit cheesy but they do make me smile. and today on BBC 6 music they played a bit of System 7... the age old hippie not only reinvented himself, but pretty much became the godfather of ambient-house. :notworthy:

Top Bottom