The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some pva wood glue and a clamp should see it back working. It's how I glued the neck back on my SG (copy) after the kids fell on it playing chase. Not a pretty repair but it worked. I also rebuilt a headstock with a scarf joint in a similar place to that crack.

delb0y

Legendary Member
I shall take it to a professional luthier when the lockdown is over. Might as well get the job done properly as an equivalent guitar would be c£800. Likely to be six months though, based on today's news. I might have to get something else in the meantime anyway...

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Damn and blast, missed it :sad:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I shall take it to a professional luthier when the lockdown is over. Might as well get the job done properly as an equivalent guitar would be c£800. Likely to be six months though, based on today's news. I might have to get something else in the meantime anyway...
I'd go for the fix myself: try not to open the crack anymore, work the glue as deep into the crack as you can (using guitar strings as pushers), clamp it, wipe off any glue that squashes out (more than once), leave for a few days. Job done. You'll be playing it again by Sunday.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Damn and blast, missed it :sad:
Oh well... I would have posted it earlier but it was a last minute discovery.

If I were to win I would probably choose a bass for my prize. I had Clubland on last night and there were several EDM tracks with interesting bass lines that were simple enough that I am sure that I could play them.

Dragged out the kit today.
Amp and speaker to remind me what it looks like and how titchy it is.

That's the edge of a fairly standard coffee table to its left!

Case...And inside...

Much-modified Mexican Fender Precision Bass

With a Jazz neck on it.
Just like a project bike, modified by me, for me.
The only original bits left are the body, bridge and knobs.
And after an hour or so's playing, it's staying out of the cupboard!

Nice PB. I'm undecided if I prefer the Jazz neck or the chunkier 42mm necks. Lots more alternating between the two required!
I dislike the Jazz body and pickups. I'd still have a 42mm neck if my arthritic hands could cope...
This neck is the economy version of the American Standard neck, matt finish. Still has carbon fibre reinforcement, though.

Top Bottom