The brainless idiots were out in groups wearing their lycra and leathers today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
No. But it would mitigate it.

No it wouldn't, those riders/drivers would just be on something of slightly lesser power.
One of my motorcycles is only a lowly 47bhp, but it will still do 120mph.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
No it wouldn't, those riders/drivers would just be on something of slightly lesser power.
One of my motorcycles is only a lowly 47bhp, but it will still do 120mph.

It would stop the proliferation of ridiculous hyper powered 4x4s dead.

roley poley

Veteran
I see many people with "all the gear no idea" on a bike which has sat unused or loved in a shed .Maybe they bought the gear to look cool, fitness fad or build street cred and now on lockdown wheel it out because they have cabin fever.Exercise is good for your body and mind that is why they have allowed us to cycle, keep it local ,clean it when you get back and learn what your looking at ,how it works and how to fix it.Just don't be a dick then we will like and help you rather than moan :hello:

Guzzi

There needs to be a deeper change in public attitude. The entire modding business needs to be closed down or regulated and products limited to cosmetic. MOT tests need to be stricter as they are in Germany where you can't deviate from the manufacturer's spec. Then motorbikes and cars with over a certain power respective to their weight made illegal. There is already massive over-capacity of cars being manufactured and this CV thing is going to redraw the map of manufacturing and sales so this is a good opportunity to put an end to the headlong rush for more power and noise.

Except of course at the moment there isn't a headlong rush for more power and noise, there is a dash for lower emissions. Ironically most hybrids are more "powerful" than the diesels they replace if you go on bhp.

Another logical argument would be to restrict further development of bicycles, nobody really needs 11 speed cassettes and Carbon Fibre whatsits . Manufacturers should be made to produce basic cycles with the emphasis on cost, life span and reliability.

Guzzi

It would stop the proliferation of ridiculous hyper powered 4x4s dead.

I have a 225bhp 4x4 that actually goes off tarmac would I be allowed that?

It has pedestrian and cyclist accident braking thing and has lower emissions than a basic Ford Focus btw.

Smudge

Veteran
Many drivers and motorcyclists seem oblivious to this. Leave the vehicles alone, but enforce the speed limits properly

It all comes under bad driving, a vehicle can be driven under the speed limit, but still be too fast for the circumstances. Some cyclists can be just as guilty on this.

Top Bottom