The brainless idiots were out in groups wearing their lycra and leathers today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
I live just inside the TT course, on race days I hear the bikes come past 3 different sections (same bike) normally I would hear recreational motorcycles every day, more so on weekends and bank holidays, today and the past 3 weeks nothing, we now have a blanket maximum of 40 mph and the police will stop nearly every bike to ask if its an essential journey, the mountain is so quiet it is unreal

JPBoothy

Veteran
I find people often want restrictions on things, but only on things that wouldn't affect them.
Good point.. After all, it's not the 'Tool' that's at fault, only the Tool who is operating the 'Tool' 🤔

Attachments

• 6667461C-4C52-4B05-A1DE-291934C7601E.jpeg
    6667461C-4C52-4B05-A1DE-291934C7601E.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1

Smudge

Veteran
It's possible to drain the fuel and avoid having to ride needlessly for for a few hours.

I know that, i just dont have anything big enough to drain 25L of fuel into.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have a car too, but took the bike. Totally agree re it doesn't have to be your own fault, but I would say the risk is greatly reduced in the current level of traffic.
You are probably right . But it was one of those racing idiots that took me off. I know how difficult it is to leave the motorbike alone after a winter of hibernation. I think you just cracked before I did 😁

Gunk

Guru
I'm a biker and my motorbike hasn't moved since I got back from the mot station about 2 hours before we went into lockdown (bloody excellent timing that was☹) I'd love to go for a blast but if I had a spill I'd be putting extra strain on the NHS so for now its staying where it is. I just hope I get to ride it before the new mot runs out . Until then it's just good old leg power 🚴‍♂️

I’m exactly the same, (mine was MOT’d the day before everything closed) motorcycle is now cleaned and under a cover in the garage.

Reactions: Con

Brandane

Legendary Member
Do people wear Lycra and leather, and is that banned under the current legislature? We need to know!
Yes! I will confess that I have, on occasions, worn padded shorts under my leathers. Motorbike seats are not the most comfortable things on long journeys. They do vary greatly from bike to bike though. Current VFR800 is not bad. Fazer 600 was torture!

D

Deleted member 26715

Not related to the OP topic, but with regards to high powered motorcycles, I honestly do believe there needs to be a change in the UK licencing laws whereby there is an upper limit as to the amount of power they are allowed to have.
Did you honestly type that with a straight face, it's so funny, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about, the worst motorcycle accident I have had was riding a 50cc moped when somebody decided they wanted the piece of road that I was about to ride on.
I find people often want restrictions on things, but only on things that wouldn't affect them.
Or understand what the actual issues are.

Top Bottom