The brainless idiots were out in groups wearing their lycra and leathers today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roley poley

Veteran
have a mate who has a whizzy bmw bike that will do 90 in first..FIRST!! it came with a race chip which he puts in at cadwell park and does track he says others leave them in on the public road and don't give a f**k as the bikes are street legal but their brains arnt

vickster

Legendary Member
.........and increase the severity of the penalty.
yep, 20% over whatever the limit is, how about a 12 month ban and a £1000 fine...and tough shoot if it affects your livelihood

vickster

Legendary Member
It all comes under bad driving, a vehicle can be driven under the speed limit, but still be too fast for the circumstances. Some cyclists can be just as guilty on this.
Yes, of course, but there are speed limits which apply on the sunniest empty roaded bank holiday or the dead of night in the middle of nowhere. They aren't optional be they a 30/40/50/60/70 limit

Clearly driving at 50 on an icy snow bound 60 limit country road isn't sensible but you're not breaking the speed limit, presumably there's another offence for driving like a tool in crap conditions

keithmac

Guru
No such limit exists. There has been talk about the EU limiting power to that level every few years- BMW used to voluntarily stick to 100bhp. Agreed there's no real reason for supersports etc bikes to have much more power. But- and it's a big but- are they also going to clamp down on car makers? Shut down all aftermarket tuners? Stop anyone reprogramming ECUs etc? No chance whatsoever.

We had a French origin 2005? R1 in that was run on a Dyno, 100hp at the wheels. We had to source a UK ecu and lock set etc to de-restric it.

Only came to light as the customer brought it in for performance tuning as it seemed a bit "flat".

Modern 1000cc bikes are hitting 200+bhp out of the factory now.

They were definitely capped to 100hp in France a while back at least.

Guzzi

yep, 20% over whatever the limit is, how about a 12 month ban and a £1000 fine...and tough shoot if it affects your livelihood

So who worries you more the person who drives 30,000 miles a year and gets caught once doing 20% over or someone who does 5000 and gets caught 5 times doing 35 in a 30?

We need more Traffic cops not more laws

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Gun them down I say.... Never liked the hardcore serious roadies anyway. Every time I try to acknowledge them with a friendly nod or a wave they either ignore the fat man on a fat bike or they look at me like I have a penis on my head and I always have to check just in case. Its quite alarming....
Oh hello...
images.jpeg

vickster

Legendary Member
So who worries you more the person who drives 30,000 miles a year and gets caught once doing 20% over or someone who does 5000 and gets caught 5 times doing 35 in a 30?

We need more Traffic cops not more laws
The first. I personally doubt anyone who gets only gets caught once doing 95 in a 70 has only done it once in 30000 miles of driving ;)

Let's have a 6 month ban for being caught doing 10% over as well :smile: They'll only do it twice a year then ;) If you get caught 5 times in 3 or is it 4 years, you should be losing your licence under totting up surely?

And let's have the cops to enforce the rules consistently too :okay: (especially driving while banned, without insurance, without a licence, without tax, unroadworthy vehicles)

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Do people wear Lycra and leather, and is that banned under the current legislature? We need to know!
Only in certain 'clubs' m'lord. :becool:

OP
OP
buzzy-beans

buzzy-beans

Über Member

Exactly, I lived over there up until 2014 and when I left there was still the 100 bhp limit in force, I know that for a fact as one of friends was the regional head of the Gendarmerie who had a Fireblade that was restricted to this limit and he wished he could up it to the UK power and performance specifications, mind you his bike had masses of torque.

I also have 2 friends, both of whom used to be high speed pursuit, Lincolnshire traffic cops, a county where the annual death rate of motorcyclists is always sky high and they have always termed high powered motorbike riders as "the donors" as they attended accident after accident where they were having to scrape their remains off the tarmac or the nearby tree!!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
We had a French origin 2005? R1 in that was run on a Dyno, 100hp at the wheels. We had to source a UK ecu and lock set etc to de-restric it.

Only came to light as the customer brought it in for performance tuning as it seemed a bit "flat".

Modern 1000cc bikes are hitting 200+bhp out of the factory now.

Not limited in France now....

Smudge

Veteran
Didn't they recently have compulsory hi viz for motorcyclists in France ?
I think they were getting around it by just putting reflective stickers on their helmets.

Top Bottom