The Charge Spoon question

The Charge Spoon - what do you think?

• Lovely, like having my buttocks cosseted with eider down by angels.

Votes: 41 56.2%
  • Horrible, having a real spoon shoved up my jacksy would hurt less. A serving spoon.

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • I'm the obligatory person who always mentions Brooks bum perches when saddles are being discussed.

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Once again, it falls to CycleChat to get to the heart of the matter, to blow away the bullpois, cut the crap, and find the truth.

So where do you sit on the Charge Spoon (or identical but usually cheaper Madison Flux) debate?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Usually in the middle. On hills I slide back a bit and when really pushing hard I slip towards the nose a bit more. I don't sit on it at all over speed bumps

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've got one on each of my two road bikes. I've sat on saddles that were a lot more uncomfortable. I'm sure that there are ones that would suit my bum better than a Spoon but I haven't found them yet. Try and borrow one for a trial.

Saddles are for Nancy boys. Real men sit on the seatpost.
Ouch, thought that one was just for the ladies.......

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I have 1 residing on the MTB, it's nice and comfy. It was my go to saddle for shorter rides, but now I'm a funny hook nosed convert (Selle SMP) on the CX, and something else on the Van Nic

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Anything based on the Flite is going to be no good for me. I saved for ages BiTD. When the glorious day arrived I skipped to the bike shop and got them to fit the titanium railed loveliness there and then.

By the time I got home I hated it. No matter how I fiddled and adjusted it just seemed to dig in. Some days it seemed to dig so far in, I wondered if perhaps I should lube it!

Some weeks later I gave it to a mate who loved it, well, so he said. Soon after I began my love affair with the Selle Italia Turbomatic II, III and so on. I still don't use anything else.

It's an uncomfortable vote "Nay" from me.

Top Bottom