The CycleChat Large SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can't and won't judge anyone on their choices but largely they shouldn't be on the market in the first place

I had several Land-Rovers
A 2A Light-Weight (box of bolts!!)
90s, 110s
Discovery Tdi

I wouldn't really call any of them by that ‘Americanism’ though
All got mucky, all hauled stuff
(even ‘BWSOW’s!!)

Last edited:

GilesM

Legendary Member
I can't and won't judge anyone on their choices but largely they shouldn't be on the market in the first place
I think you already have

Wednesday 30th

I was in the local Library, earlier this afternoon
This D4 was in the car-park, this Wrangler looks like an ideal tyre for the Kodiaq, when I need replacements (hopefully for for about 20,000 miles, looking at present wear-rates)

It belongs to one of the Librarians (who I went to School with), her hubby has a small haulage firm (4 artics?), so it's used to fetching/carrying parts, & maybe be even dragging them round the yard?

12978292-2451-43CA-A7A0-86A264F7A5DB.jpeg

Last edited:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Electric cars are a Gretta tick box.
We will be on hydrogen soon enough and all the leccy cars will go in the bin.....

Hydrogen wont happen for cars at all. It's expensive, requires huge investments in infrastructure, its energy inefficient to produce, expensive to store for any amount of time and most important its just a rubbish battery and not an energy source.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Wednesday 30th

This D4 was in the car-park, this Wrangler looks like an ideal tyre for the Kodiaq, when I need replacements (hopefully for for about 20,000 miles, looking at present wear-rates)

It belongs to one of the Librarians (who I went to School with), her hubby has a small haulage firm (4 artics?), so it's used to fetching/carrying parts, & maybe be even dragging them round the yard?

View attachment 659340

Wednesday 30th

View attachment 659340

Duratrac is a an old model these days ? Very mud centric if that’s what you need.

Duratrac is a an old model these days ? Very mud centric if that’s what you need.
I think they've been on that D4 for about 2 years
Years ago, I had BF Goodrich A/Ts on my 110 'Heritage' & they got to about 70,000miles, with maybe 4mm left!!
Its predecessor, the Discovery 50th Anniversary had the Colway 'copies'

Defender. S50 RAT. Green-Laning. West Yorkshire. Kirk Smeaton. Crabtree Lane. 2.JPG

Discovery. S50 RAT. Pinderfields. Old Tissue Bank.JPG

Maybe I'm a bit old-fashioned(?), but I don't like the look of the rubber-bands that get fitted to RRs/Discoverys & BuM-W X5s, etc….
No sidewall, less cushioning, more risk of rim damage, that's one good thing about my Kodiaq, it's on 235/55 x 18, so a decent sidewall:okay:

EDIT; Wednesday 31st @ 16:55
My 110 was on 235/85 x 16
The Discovery, 235/70 x 16

Last edited:
The original SUV, to use that Americanism, but certainly not a name used back then!!

CE16AC6D-50AB-45EA-892C-C3B9CEEA28B7.jpeg

Seen more as;

1970 Range Rover - Page 01 of 02.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
'Twisted' have (had) 16 Defenders stashed away, bought in 2016. & not used
They're for sale

The (if upgrade/up-rated) prices are :eek::eek:

https://twisted.co.uk/our-collection/

The last time we passed their showroom, they had a couple of nice Rangies in

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10223594659486850&set=a.10222642083273040

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10223594659366847&set=a.10222642083273040

Ooft ya banjo ! I love a Defender and my local indie does their own take on Twisted . They ain’t that price !

Top Bottom