The CycleChat Large SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Wednesday 30th

I was in the local Library, earlier this afternoon
This D4 was in the car-park, this Wrangler looks like an ideal tyre for the Kodiaq, when I need replacements (hopefully for for about 20,000 miles, looking at present wear-rates)

It belongs to one of the Librarians (who I went to School with), her hubby has a small haulage firm (4 artics?), so it's used to fetching/carrying parts, & maybe be even dragging them round the yard?

View attachment 659340

How about toyo open country

I have them on my transit camper and they are great. Low noise, good value, good grip.

How about toyo open country

I have them on my transit camper and they are great. Low noise, good value, good grip.
I'll be looking when the time comes, but all 4 are on about 11-12,000 miles covered

@Jameshow
Which varient, there's A/T, M/T, R/T, H/T, plus some which look like a winter ('directional'/road) tyre

Last edited:
Recommended Retail Price, for the RR, £1998 inc PT. Those were the days, eh?
A bargain, in one way

I have found a reprinted 70-71 brochure whilst sorting out some book-cupboards earlier

Note how the advert quotes another 4c4 car at £7000
Could that be a dig at the Jensen Interceptor FF?

I guess the other side of the price is to compare it to houses
My parents bought a new-build ‘town house’, in 1966 (that they still live in!), for circa £2000

Thursday 6th

En-route (circuitously) to York

Bridge, over Stillingfleet Beck
(Carrying the) York Road/B1222
As seen from The Green (northern side)
Stillingfleet
North Yorkshire

830AC39A-881C-45CE-BAAA-5C46D51DD7FA.jpeg

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4847190

byegad

Legendary Member
I dont even take it on road regularly.

But on the rare occasions I veture forth it is well suited for a 6'4", 19 stone man, a dog, a child, a wife and her wheelchair. Certainly its much better suited than the supposedly environmentally friendly Polestar 2 that Mrs D bought. The Volvo's split tailgate make loading and unloading the wheelchair wonderfully easy, and neither she or I are getting any younger - im a big husky chap and wrestling a wheelchair in and out the boot of a golf or the like is no fun, and city cars requiring the back seat down are even worse.

We had the same issue and bought an estate car, it looks just like the saloon version but has a low sill with a flat base, no lip, and popping the mobility scooter in is a breeze. No need for a thumping great body moving a huge amount of air out of the way all the time.

From my archives

My old 110 (300Tdi)
That was my 2nd Landie, after a wreck of a (1969) 2A Light-Weight

Probably back in 1998 - 1999

CheeseGate, or Scaley Gate Nab
Near Jackson Bridge (see geograph link below, for map)

Advsdviubibh.jpg

Bog-standard suspension, at full travel/compression
I could certainly hear the springs moving in their seats

L453 KVH. ScaleyGate. 1.jpg

Our 2 Border Collies in the back
L453 KVH. ScaleyGate. 2.jpg

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6508863

Last edited:
Top Bottom