The CycleChat Large SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
HOW MUCH!

Considering that Range Rover #001 went for close to £100,000, a few years ago
I know which I'd have, & it's not black, with fat wheel-arches
https://www.landrovercentre.com/product/yvb151h/

Friday 12th

Those are BIG Potholes!
Access road to (the site of) Woodhead Station
Woodhead Pass/A628
Plenty of normal cars would risk grounding out in those (there were about 10 of them)
For depth comparisons, it's on 235/55 x 18

Some were deeper than this!

27BD5621-0067-4B73-A00D-6905757BA516.jpeg

4AA1DA73-E3F1-44AC-927D-F0840182DE62.jpeg

They're om the road that runs down here; https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6352850
http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/w/woodhead/index.shtml

Plus; It's been aridly dry for a long time, & I still find mud!!!:whistle:
Woodhead Reservoir, just off the road to Glossop (B6105)
Near the site of Crowden Station, & the entrance to the Trans-Pennine Trail

74B1ED87-6F0B-46EA-823C-2060675A0DE1.jpeg

Last edited:
@dan_bo

To be brutally frank, if SWMBO hadn't wanted a bigger BWSOW than my Octavia could have easily coped with (it could have coped it, but not with much 'margin'). I'd not have bought my Kodiaq
That said, I think of it, as more of an 'estate car on stilts'
If I could have found an Octavia Scout, I would probably have had one of those instead (I know how very capable they are, from YAS buddies)

The VED, at £155, is dearer than my Octavia (that was £30!)
Fuel economy is worse, I was upset, if the Octavia failed to return an average between fill-ups of 55-60MPG
This is giving me 53-55MPG as an average, but for its comparative size (& transmission) 'v' the Octavia, it's good enough:okay:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
@dan_bo

To be brutally frank, if SWMBO hadn't wanted a bigger BWSOW than my Octavia could have easily coped with (it could have coped it, but not with much 'margin'). I'd not have bought my Kodiaq
That said, I think of it, as more of an 'estate car on stilts'
If I could have found an Octavia Scout, I would probably have had one of those instead (I know how very capable they are, from YAS buddies)

The VED, at £155, is dearer than my Octavia (that was £30!)
Fuel economy is worse, I was upset, if the Octavia failed to return an average between fill-ups of 55-60MPG
This is giving me 53-55MPG as an average, but for its comparative size (& transmission) 'v' the Octavia, it's good enough:okay:

I can't and won't judge anyone on their choices but largely they shouldn't be on the market in the first place

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Tax people by weight. Porkers cause more fuel to be used whatever form of motorised travel they use, and even on a bike they wear tyres and road surfaces out more quickly which is bad for the environment. They damage furniture, need more material to cloth themselves and take up too much room on pavements and in shops. And their farts are louder and smellier than normal peoples.

And worst of all, they can't bend down without exposing a builders bum.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Tax people by weight. Porkers cause more fuel to be used whatever form of motorised travel they use, and even on a bike they wear tyres and road surfaces out more quickly which is bad for the environment. They damage furniture, need more material to cloth themselves and take up too much room on pavements and in shops. And their farts are louder and smellier than normal peoples.

And worst of all, they can't bend down without exposing a builders bum.

You been spying on me again :whistle:

Top Bottom