The CycleChat Large SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As I stated above, whilst there's been no complaints about it, on my daily phone calls to her.... yet!!!!

There is a consensus of opinion, that it's too big/thirsty
So, whilst there, f-in-l, & SWMBO, have come up with the idea of a VW Tiguan............
An automatic, of course, & I think they're all '4x4' (Haldex centre-diff, like mine??)

I did think of a Karoq, but they've not been around long enough to bring prices down to an appropriate level

Daughters b/f has been offered the Touareg, & seems interested (he took my Octavia off my hands, but has since sold iI)

I had a look at a couple of Tiguans on Auto-Trader, & this one looks nice
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202204214858654?advert-type=dealer-stock&advertising-location=at_cars&advertising-location=at_profile_cars&fromDealerSearchResults=/retailer/stock?advertising-location=at_cars&advertising-location=at_profile_cars&dealer=10020691&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=3&sort=price-asc&dpp=10020691&sort=price-asc

This one is cheaper, newer, a lot closer (5 miles). but a lot more miles
https://www.omarcars.com/used/volkswagen/tiguan/2-0-tdi-s-5dr-auto/aetv94313642/
He was thinking of going up to a lot higher cost
Daughter & I looked at a few at 'Car People' in Wakefield, earlier in the week
There a couple of nice looking/'reading' models
However, daughter took f-in-law on Thursday afternoon, & both had gone (moved to another branch, apparantly)

Now, he's thinking about an older ('08' - '11'?) Mondeo TDCi estate, but still an automatic
Therein lies the problem, as it was a predominantly 'fleet'/rep car, & a quick Auto-Trader search last night, showed me about 330 Mondeos within a set radius, but only about 20 were automatics:whistle:

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Mondeo's have bad engines. They have electronic throttle issues and spit out fuel pumps for sh1ts and giggles.
Something over 10years old is just not worth the money.
Either go new or very old and save the money

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bad news, I'm afraid
I'm almost embarrassed to state............
SWMBO & F-in-law have put a deposit down on one of the '4 cock-ring' things
Q3
'Quattro'
automatic
And worst of all, apart from the badge............... a 2.0litre petrol:blush::blush::blush:

Subject to test-drive, at the moment
(I hope they don't like it!)

So what toy doing with the big AUDI, sorry VW

So what toy doing with the big AUDI, sorry VW
I’ll presume that the ’toy’ was meant to be ‘they’?
Between them, they’ve decided that the Touareg is too big, even though it’s primary role was for the BWSOW, & not much else
Thus, they’re thinking along the lines of a smaller/more efficient car that can still tow, but can be a ‘day to day’ driver
(with a 2.0 petrol?!?)

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Bad news, I'm afraid
Q3
'Quattro'
automatic
And worst of all, apart from the badge............... a 2.0litre petrol:blush::blush::blush:

30mpg at best .
There really bad

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh-facial figures say 42mpg on the 170bhp petrol but most are doing around 31mpg on auto boxes

Not fab. My old 1.8 VVC will get 40 to 44 on a run, but mid 20's in nose to tail traffic

Bad news, I'm afraid
Q3
'Quattro'
automatic

They like it:sad:
I was still looking, hopefully, at Tiguans as the sales-guy brought it round for the test-drive
Still, l can try to tell myself, even though l doubt l’ll use it, that it’s just a posh Skoda

Last edited:

gzoom

Über Member
Oh-facial figures say 42mpg on the 170bhp petrol but most are doing around 31mpg on auto boxes

How are everyone finding fuel costs of SUV? Filled up our hybrid saloon the other day was shocked to find it cost nearly £90 for 55l, which give the car a range of 511 miles, so around 42mpg real life, but still thats 17p/mile in fuel. A 30mpg car using diesel at £1.80/l must be close to £1 for every 4 miles or something??!!

52093348295_81587b6405_c_d.jpg

Our electric SUV on the other hand has cost us barely anything to refuel the last 4 weeks thanks to the sun, and been able to charge at home. Even with expensive electricity rates, including standing charge and electricity for the whole house, the bill was cheaper than filling up the car at the petrol station, even though we did about 700 miles in the SUV last month.

52092871343_cff19e00d4_c_d.jpg

Top Bottom