The CycleChat Large SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So how much is the depreciation and hire costs on your £70k leccy motors, when our two petrol cars were paid for many years ago (cost £12k each), and we use very little fuel as it is... fuel prices can go sky rocket, I don't use the car enough.
:laugh:

Don't get too self righteous as these leccy cars are incredibly expensive for a tin box thats still environmental damaging. Keeping a vehicle for many years and using it less is the way to go, not getting a new leccy motor ir any vehicle on PCP every three years.

gzoom

Über Member
Keeping a vehicle for many years and using it less is the way to go, not getting a new leccy motor ir any vehicle on PCP every three years.

Who said anything about getting a new car every 3 year on PCP :smile:.

Our EV is 5.5 years old now, no plans to change it anytime soon. Cost to run per mile including fuel, tires, and deprecation is 44p/mile. Which isn't far off what a much older combustion SUV costs, the difference been ofcourse is our EV is a much much nicer driving experience compared to our 2009 Mazda 6.

We do acutally use our SUV alot, it use to averages 15k miles per year but since lock down that figure is closer to 10k.

This summer we are using it for a 1000 mile road trip to France, and than a near 5000 mile road trip to Norway. We actually have 'free' fuel for it onthose trips, in a normal SUV costing 25p per mile in fuel that's well over £1k+ in fuel costs we don't need to pay :smile:.

Why the prejudice against Audi, I have owned VWs Skoda's and Audi's and I liked them all, but without a doubt the Audi had the best quality interior, underneath they are basically the same.
Personally, I don't like the look of it/the design
The stereotype of the buyer/driver (almost as bad as a BuM-W)

I was still trying to steer her towards the Tiguans, when we went, to no avail:whistle:
(there's still a chance, if they can't sort out a 'gouged' door-handle)

Agreed, there's a heck of a lot of shared parts, hence why I'll have to think of it as a posh Skoda

gzoom

Über Member
My very big old SUV can easily do two tanks of fuel per week. I love it. 🤣

I persume you have to find a filling station that is manned? £99 limit on the unmanned setups surely cannot get you far as even our efficient hybrid saloon is costing £90 to fill up these days! :sad:.

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
I persume you have to find a filling station that is manned? £99 limit on the unmanned setups surely cannot get you far as even our efficient hybrid saloon is costing £90 to fill up these days! :sad:.
Always use a tended service station as I don't go out at night.

gzoom

Über Member
All the stars were aligned today....

SUV fueled by solar
52101425627_f0580e7e7c_c_d.jpg

SUV and ebIke in harmony....
52102697604_5e6f7aa545_c_d.jpg

Lovely commute home on the eBike, hope everyone have a goodweekend :smile:

52102807418_4a995751c3_c_d.jpg

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

Bad news, I'm afraid
I'm almost embarrassed to state............
SWMBO & F-in-law have put a deposit down on one of the '4 cock-ring' things
Q3
'Quattro'
automatic
And worst of all, apart from the badge............... a 2.0litre petrol:blush::blush::blush:

Subject to test-drive, at the moment
(I hope they don't like it!)
Collected at dinner-time
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

12CA4B87-AB81-4A5C-B61E-8BE946D36974.jpeg

Last edited:
Bad news, I'm afraid
I'm almost embarrassed to state............
SWMBO & F-in-law have put a deposit down on one of the '4 cock-ring' things
Q3
'Quattro'
automatic
And worst of all, apart from the badge............... a 2.0litre petrol:blush::blush::blush:

Subject to test-drive, at the moment
(I hope they don't like it!)

it did the job, it was bought for, but the Touareg would probably have done it easier/cheaper?;
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/trailers-bwsows.273070/page-18#post-6752157
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/trailers-bwsows.273070/page-18#post-6752792

Top Bottom