The CycleChat Large SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
TBF in context it was a fairly flippant response to your flippant polar bear remark.

But it is just true that driving these things intimidates others and they're higher risk in collisions. Should people pretend otherwise because you don't like it?

Why not ban white vans they must be equally dangerous? If you bushing off Amazon they it will most certainly be delivered by these 100 drop per day machines of death!

GilesM

Legendary Member
TBF in context it was a fairly flippant response to your flippant polar bear remark.

But it is just true that driving these things intimidates others and they're higher risk in collisions. Should people pretend otherwise because you don't like it?

Who knows what people should pretend, and what I don't like, but as I have no chance of changing your mind, can we just leave it that buying and driving these types of cars in most places around the world is currently legal, in the UK drilling holes in the side of tyres of cars in a show room is illegal, and while letting down a tyre with a lentil is a bit of a legal grey area, a punch in the face is a strong possibility.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Who knows what people should pretend, and what I don't like, but as I have no chance of changing your mind, can we just leave it that buying and driving these types of cars in most places around the world is currently legal, in the UK drilling holes in the side of tyres of cars in a show room is illegal, and while letting down a tyre with a lentil is a bit of a legal grey area, a punch in the face is a strong possibility.

I made no comment about the legality of SUVs; plenty of other things are also antisocial without being illegal.

I'll leave punching in the face to you.

GilesM

Legendary Member
I made no comment about the legality of SUVs; plenty of other things are also antisocial without being illegal.

I'll leave punching in the face to you.
I certainly won't do the punching in the face, but it doesn't mean others won't. Fortunately I think I live a bit too far outside the average tyre extinguishers comfort zone.

Gunk

Guru
Spotted a large SUV with an identity crisis this afternoon

IMG_2205.jpeg

Biker BoB

Biggest problem I have with mine is that small children get stuck in the bull bars and underbody protection causing it to stink after a few days.

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Ineos Grenadier, has anyone driven one, what did you think?
I’ve heard mixed reviews but was driving one for the day yesterday, what a piece of kit!
It’s most certainly doesn’t have the silent comfort of a Range Rover on the road but it is so capable off road. We were on a shoot yesterday in some serious deep Yorkshire mud, rough terrain and steep inclines and the Grenadier performed faultlessly.
IMG_9041.jpeg

IMG_9079.jpeg

IMG_9039.jpeg

IMG_9066.jpeg

Top Bottom