The CycleChat Large SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
It’s not that polluting, Ulez free petrol engine, mild hybrid.
395 BHP, Turbo/Supercharged so I suppose it’s understandable that it’s crap on MPG.

Carbon emissions are pollution

Gunk

Guru
Just awful that such an intimidating and polluting behemoth is celebrated.

Chipping Norton is full of them, usually driven by a 40 something trendy twat in Adidas trainers and a hoody up from London for the weekend. I absolutely hate these new Defenders and the selfish, arrogant, entitled image they convey.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I am not a Defender owner, but I don't agree with your suggestion that to drive one portrays a selfish arrogant entitled image.
It's a bit like like labelling all Audi/BMW reckless,

Although Audi drivers are more likely to have a motoring conviction that those of any other brand, somthere may be a grain of truth in that.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Chipping Norton is full of them, usually driven by a 40 something trendy twat in Adidas trainers and a hoody up from London for the weekend. I absolutely hate these new Defenders and the selfish, arrogant, entitled image they convey.

I thought this was a thread dedicated to large SUV’s?
I thought some people may be interested in my experience, I won’t bother posting in future!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
To be fair, I created the thread for owners of such vehicles. A little bit of off topicness is natural as the discussion progresses in different directions, but full on SUV hating should be confined to its own thread.

Last edited:

GilesM

Legendary Member
I thought this was a thread dedicated to large SUV’s?
I thought some people may be interested in my experience, I won’t bother posting in future!

It is the large SUV thread, and the New 130 certainly fits that description, good to hear you enjoyed it, lots of stuff written and spoken about the New Defender, but anyone who drives one always seems to be impressed.

GilesM

Legendary Member
So you don't like New Defenders or the people who drive them, which is cool and completely up to you, I have no desire to try to change your mind, but in a thread about large SUVs in the Motoring section of this forum, ask yourself, are these comments really helpful?

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
So you don't like New Defenders or the people who drive them, which is cool and completely up to you, I have no desire to try to change your mind, but in a thread about large SUVs in the Motoring section of this forum, ask yourself, are these comments really helpful?

It's a cycling forum; these vehicles are extremely intimidating to many cyclists as well as dangerous, and also contrary to the environmental ethos of many cyclists.

You can't expect a thread on a cycling forum to ignore these kind of issues, whether or not you agree with them.

GilesM

Legendary Member
It's a cycling forum; these vehicles are extremely intimidating to many cyclists as well as dangerous, and also contrary to the environmental ethos of many cyclists.

You can't expect a thread on a cycling forum to ignore these kind of issues, whether or not you agree with them.
Just a bit of blind optimism as this was the motoring section.

Top Bottom