The CycleChat Large SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
MOD NOTE:
If you wish to discuss the issue of the real (or imagined) matter of the negative effects of large SUVs – as has been said upthread ... start your own thread in the Motoring Section.

If you only want to disrupt/ start arguments in this thread – you will find your access to it severely restricted.

Thank you.

I've not said anything here before.

But the idea that moderators on a cycling site should prevent critical comment on a thread celebrating the use of intimidating and dangerous vehicles is outrageous.

Shame on you.

Ah, marvellous Mr T. Not seen either of those. May have to scout the bay of e

https://www.britishbuspublishing.co.uk/police-range-rover-handbook.html :okay:

That M62 film is worth watch all the way through

icowden

Veteran
Qualification criteria for membership, and thus discussion of your vehicle:
Minimum weight: 1.75 tonnes.
Transmission: AWD, 4WD, either selectable or on demand.
Minimum ground clearance: 7 inches/175mm.
Ideally more than 4 cylinders and higher capacity than 2 litres, but we're flexible on this point as downsizing of engines is an insiduous modern disease.

So it's only for people with old cars?
You do know that there are a lot of large SUVs that are electric? Tesla X, Audi Sportback E-Tron, Volvo XC40 Recharge, Skoda Enyak ?

They all meet the weight criteria and ground clearance (I think) but don't have a gas guzzling engine.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
You do know that there are a lot of large SUVs that are electric? Tesla X, Audi Sportback E-Tron, Volvo XC40 Recharge, Skoda Enyak ?

They all meet the weight criteria and ground clearance (I think) but don't have a gas guzzling engine.
It’s a very select club :whistle: .

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Electric SUVs are welcome, although they don't go very well on the mandatory lumberjack shirt, and none have a quoted wading capacity for some strange reason...

Christmas gig today and we have to move a PA, four monitors, four amps, a 4 x 12 cab, mixing desk, drum kit, 5 guitars, 2 basses, 3 pedal boards, 3 mics and stands, enough cables to span a small ocean, and a stool.

Between the 5 of us we have my XC90, a Rangie P400e, and XC60 and a Porker Macan (bigger than it appears). Even with all that mighty luggsge space its still like playing a game of 3D tetris. Would have had no hope if we all drove normies.

Only our rhythm guitarist has a normie. An interesting story there. He ordered an Infiniti just before Nissan pulled the brand from the UK. Its a big old Jap lux-O-barge. A few days later they rang him and offered him a second car. He declined on the basis he couldn't afford it. No, they said, its for free. Turned out they had no dealers left to sell them and still had 10 or so cars in UK stock. Whatever they did they were going to make a loss, so they just gave them away. So my man got 2 brand new Infiniti's for the price of 1. Big old things, similar footprint and weight to an SUV.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

The Volvo's only large on the outside! Borrowed one from Drago's tame dealer when our car was in for hammering and was bemused by how much metal went into such little actual space :wacko:

Top Bottom