The dreaded P

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L

LewisLondon

Damn it, maybe that's it. Puncture puncture puncture...

Switching the tyres tonight, and going out to Richmond park in the morning, having built in puncture time!! Fingers crossed.

In my head if the front wheel punctures, clearly something is in the tyre that i can't see. If the back one goes, then it's the wheel (or more bad luck than I can feasibly imagine)

OP
OP
L

LewisLondon

IMG_2628.JPG For those interested (the hundreds out there)

While I went about changing the tyres, i had another look at the back one, on the outside rather than inside, and look what I found!!

2 questions. A) could this be at all caused by the rim? It's a little rough in that area, but this surely couldn't touch it? I can't check the last tyre to see if a similar thing was present

B) would It be reasonable to speak to wiggle that this happened after a week, or is it just bad luck?

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Ooof not good. Continental in split sidewall shocker, there's many reports on the internet about this it seems. I had heard others complain about this before but never experienced it, but then I had a split sidewall on some Gatorskins, and that was that, not used a Conti since.

I can't see how that would be caused by the rim in a week unless you were running dangerously low tyre pressure and were essentially riding around on the rough sharp rims for miles.

I think its worth mentioning to Wiggle, that is pretty bad to have that happen in the first week. I wonder how many Conti tyre failures they've had reported? It would be interesting to see what Wiggle say at least, no harm trying. I'm not sure I'd want to have the same tyre again though, that does'nt exactly inspire confidence....

Top Bottom