The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Manchester-City-v-West-Ham.jpg
PSV-Eindhoven-v-Ajax-Amsterdam-Eredivisie.jpg

Everton need someone to bring back stability and togetherness - how about Joey Barton?

hqdefault.jpg

LiamW

Not much of a fine considering the offence.

Am I right in thinking Celtic get fined every season in Europe?

Considering the offence?

12 fines in 6 years relating to fan behaviour.

The majority of which were for flares, telling uefa to go f**k themselves and the flying of Palestinian flags.

There have a few pitch invasions alongside those, but they're few and far between.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Ronald Koeman sacked as Everton manager - not sure who I would go for next.
Unsworth caretaker.

After that, the betting says Dyche. However, if Moshiri has been burnt by paying out Koeman's contract, I sense Allardyce, or possibly Moyes.

I always feel a little bit sorry for a manager getting the sack, but my goodness, Everton looked shockingly bad yesterday.

The only light relief in any of that was Cech getting all cocky in front of Oumar.

J1888

Über Member
The "Best Fans in the World" get their club another fine: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41720941

An £8,900 fine is hardly a punishment for a club like Celtic. Closed doors or docking points would be far more effective.

Not much of a fine considering the offence.

Am I right in thinking Celtic get fined every season in Europe?

12 fines in 6 years relating to fan behaviour.

Ah, I thought there was a pattern. Clearly not.

I'm intrigued; while I certainly don't condone fireworks/flares and personally don't see why some of the banners were produced (i.e. Rodgers at Work against Linfield was really daft), do you really think Celtic should be fined for the fans flying a Palestine flag?!

I'm well aware that a minority of our fans are clowns - i.e. those setting off flares and fireworks, but waving a flag?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'm intrigued; while I certainly don't condone fireworks/flares and personally don't see why some of the banners were produced (i.e. Rodgers at Work against Linfield was really daft), do you really think Celtic should be fined for the fans flying a Palestine flag?!

I'm well aware that a minority of our fans are clowns - i.e. those setting off flares and fireworks, but waving a flag?

Isn't it a FIFA rule that bans political banners at football grounds?

Or something along those lines?

U

User482

The next Barcelona match could be interesting...

LiamW

Not that I'm aware of, I think uefa had at one stage. Most clubs throughout Europe would have flags on show in the crowd during CL/EL games. What makes one flag more political than another?

AndyRM

XOXO
From UEFA, a rule that forbids:

"gestures, words, objects or any other means to transmit any message that is not fit for a sports event, particularly messages that are of a political, ideological, religious, offensive or provocative nature."

Pretty obvious why they got fined for waving Palestinian flags playing an Israeli team.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Unsworth caretaker.

After that, the betting says Dyche. However, if Moshiri has been burnt by paying out Koeman's contract, I sense Allardyce, or possibly Moyes.

I always feel a little bit sorry for a manager getting the sack, but my goodness, Everton looked shockingly bad yesterday.

The only light relief in any of that was Cech getting all cocky in front of Oumar.
Since the City game, the team has been shockingly bad in every game. Some fans were saying they were okay on Thursday against Lyon, but personally I thought Lyon were much better than us.

The bookies no doubt react to what the punters are punting on, it has fluctuated between Unsworth, Moyes and Dyche in the past couple of hours. I don't want Moyes, Dyche would be okay for me, but my choice would be Marco Silva, if he was available. Why would they leave their present clubs though? This might get me shot down in flames in certain places, but if we end up with Big Sam, I wouldn't mind too much, he would steady the quickly sinking ship, and I don't think his football is as bad as some make out - it can't be any worse than what we have suffered so far this season.

J1888

Über Member
From UEFA, a rule that forbids:

"gestures, words, objects or any other means to transmit any message that is not fit for a sports event, particularly messages that are of a political, ideological, religious, offensive or provocative nature."

Pretty obvious why they got fined for waving Palestinian flags playing an Israeli team.

Why'd they get fined for flying it against an Icelandic team a couple of years before? Why did UEFA try (did they succeed?) to fine Barcelona fans for flying a Catalonian flag?

Top Bottom