The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
D5294D30-7296-484E-931B-8DB37880663E.jpeg

You coming up for a tear up @StuAff

gavgav

Guru
As a Shrews fan, Oh how I am chuckling :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Paul Hurst: Ipswich Town sack manager after less than five months
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45972183

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

We're off to watch Chelsea on Sunday and last time we were at Turf Moor it was only 2C and they ran out of hot drinks & pies at half time would you believe.

Beware of going in the pubs round the ground. Dingle land is like a throwback to the hooligan days of the 1970's and 80's! Plenty of six fingers and monobrows!:unsure:

Weather wise i'd wrap up warm and take my own flask! :cold:

Really? What sort of thing? I'm genuinely interested.

Ok,it's going back a lot of years,but i saw Blackburn play there in an FA Cup tie in 1979. I was knocked out and had my scarf nicked in yon Stanley Park before the game. Then afterwards after loads of hassle during the match, a Scouser came on our coach and demanded money off us. Needless to say we'd had enough by then,so some blokes gave him a good kicking and chucked him out the emergency exit at the back. Fortunately for him,the coach wasn't moving at the time.

Last edited:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Beware of going in the pubs round the ground. Dingle land is like a throwback to the hooligan days of the 1970's and 80's! Plenty of six fingers and monobrows!:unsure:

How abusive! I've got a lot more time for Burnley fans than the gurning simpletons who pretend to follow t'ruhrvurs. Burnley always bring many more fans and make more noise and show considerably more passion than the drum-beaters from Ewok park. I remember one week we played a team from another continent in the Champions League (Asia) who totally filled both tiers of the Anny and had thousands locked outside. That was on a Wednesday. Four days later, Blackburn Rovers were fortunate enough to be able to play us and brought (from 30-odd miles away, remember) an embarrassingly low number of fans with them. They were given the smallest possible section allowable and still had scores of empty seats in their allocation. I'd estimate there were fewer than 500. It was laughable.

I also recall a time we went to Ewok to follow our team but hadn't had time to sort out away tickets (this was the League Cup) so had to go in with the home 'fans' but we needn't have worried. Ian Rush or John Barnes scored and the vast majority of fans in that stand - and many more in other sections of the stadium - rose to their feet fists pumping the air showing just what Blackburn Rovers are made of.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How abusive! I've got a lot more time for Burnley fans than the gurning simpletons who pretend to follow t'ruhrvurs. Burnley always bring many more fans and make more noise and show considerably more passion than the drum-beaters from Ewok park. I remember one week we played a team from another continent in the Champions League (Asia) who totally filled both tiers of the Anny and had thousands locked outside. That was on a Wednesday. Four days later, Blackburn Rovers were fortunate enough to be able to play us and brought (from 30-odd miles away, remember) an embarrassingly low number of fans with them. They were given the smallest possible section allowable and still had scores of empty seats in their allocation. I'd estimate there were fewer than 500. It was laughable.

I also recall a time we went to Ewok to follow our team but hadn't had time to sort out away tickets (this was the League Cup) so had to go in with the home 'fans' but we needn't have worried. Ian Rush or John Barnes scored and the vast majority of fans in that stand - and many more in other sections of the stadium - rose to their feet fists pumping the air showing just what Blackburn Rovers are made of.
I see you live in Colne Paul. Can ou remember the 1980's when Colne Dynamos were flying high and Burnley put a stop to it,not wanting next door competitors for fans,..like they did with Accy in 1962?

PaulB

Legendary Member
I see you live in Colne Paul. Can ou remember the 1980's when Colne Dynamos were flying high and Burnley put a stop to it,not wanting next door competitors for fans,..like they did with Accy in 1962?
No, I haven't lived here long and we chose Colne because of my wife's job and because we got our kids into the nearest grammar school (Skipton).

pjd57

Veteran
Murrayfield on Sunday.
Looking forward to it , league cup semi , Celtic v Hearts. 67,000 crowd expected. 50/50 split , so it should be noisy.

Just wish it wasn't at this time of year. There and back from Glasgow on the bike would make a great day out.

slow scot

Veteran
Murrayfield on Sunday.
Looking forward to it , league cup semi , Celtic v Hearts. 67,000 crowd expected. 50/50 split , so it should be noisy.

Just wish it wasn't at this time of year. There and back from Glasgow on the bike would make a great day out.
It is just a bit far, I agree. Will you bike to the Aberdeen Hearts final?

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm an Evertonian, btw.
So whats your prediction for tomorrow against Utd. They have both won with late goals recently.
As a Lpool fan I would like to see you beat them or better still a draw.....but I fear you might be in for a tonking.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
So whats your prediction for tomorrow against Utd. They have both won with late goals recently.
As a Lpool fan I would like to see you beat them or better still a draw.....but I fear you might be in for a tonking.
I think we'll win 2-1.

There, I've said it.

Top Bottom