The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The only good thing is, we must surely get better before Brighton ^_^H
i think he was looking at the brighton game when picking the team last night.......games are coming thick and fast and i think he wants to prove the doubters wrong in the league, that we are only good enough when VVD is playing......

Slick

Guru
A good test for Scotland's representatives in Europe tonight. Despite local rivalries, I do hope Celtic make amends for the reverse fixture last time out while the most I dare hope for is to avoid defeat for my team despite home advantage. Usually far more positive and we have been on a bit of a run and just hoping it doesn't end tonight.

Dave7

Legendary Member
VAR is doing its best to destroy the joy of watching football.
Are the refs frightened of losing their jobs?
Apparently 5 Brighton players plus the manager have said what a soft penalty that was.
Both players went for the ball.
Both missed
Robbo's boot hit his but it could just as easily have been the other way round.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Apparently 5 Brighton players plus the manager have said what a soft penalty that was.
Both missed
Not only that but welbeck didn’t even go down and it wasnt a clear and obvious error by the ref............it’s becoming a shambles and why didn’t mo cut his toe nails before the game and wear one size smaller boot lol

Dave7

Legendary Member
Watching Southampton Vs Utd last night.
Truthfully, 2 nil up and I said to MrsD "I can see them losing this 2:3"...... weird how they could have a 2 nil lead but lose confidence.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Both missed
This is the death of football. They've taken away the essence of the game - the sheer joy felt by the aficionados of football when your team score - by removing that joy. You can't express delight now, oh no. They want to ration out the pleasure you are allowed to feel. We'll take this away and forensically analyse it before revealing if you're allowed to show delight. It's like THEY want to control the whole game and as they certainly control the output, then they control the mechanisms of the game because it all has to be done to their specification. I know there are lads who sit around me - apprentice-served football men of many, many years experience - who've said they're sacking it off now. There's nothing in it anymore. Nothing to look forward to in the raw, visceral way, the thing that brought us to the game in the first place. When you've got players like James Milner who've said they've fallen out of love with that piece of technology that was previously known as football, you can grease it up and shove it up the collective fundament of the destroyers.

And being a Spurs fan, I was very pleased with the result. 👍
I bet, you can repay the favour against the Baggies.^_^

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
VAR is just sucking the joy and spontaneity out of the game

I agree, its an absolute shambles. The VAR officials were so focused on seeing if Olle watkins was offside that they miss the obvious foul against him.

You watch the match and celebrate when your team scores, but up pops the purple screen of death and wait three minutes or so whilst they make a decision and even then they bugger it up. It really is ruining the game.

I am a hammers supporter but i really think we got away with it tonight.Yes we got two goals but we were outplayed for most of the match.
That's what they call winning ugly.
Is it VAR ruining the game or the officials at stockley park?.As Jamie Carragher said the officials were so busy concentrating on the offside they missed the foul.
The other thing they missed was Grealish diving to the ground about ten seconds after he had been fouled.He is a great player but you don't want to see those antics.

Dave7

Legendary Member
FOOTBALL CLUB DEBTS are staggering.
Just reading that Atletico Madrid are £895M in debt :eek:
Can you imagine running ANY company with debts like that.
And Simione (the manager) is on a cool £40+M a year**.
**With Covid he has agreed a temporary 70% pay cut so is, for a while, only on £12M a year :sad:
Don't get me wrong, if someone offered me £40M a year I think I would take it, possibly, maybe :wacko:......but the system stinks and imo will shortly implode.

yo vanilla

VAR - if they could implement some limitations like the NFL does, it could be a compromise. I had to look this up (and came across this article - Super Bowl 2019: VAR and what the Premier League can learn from NFL's 40-year search for replay perfection) as I haven't watched American football in 20 years or so, but they are essentially limited to three replay reviews per half. And in that article it mentions, which I also had forgotten, that NFL voted out replay reviews in the 1990's for a few years for the very same reasons we are complaining on it now. But then voted back in with the limited reviews rule.

I personally wouldn't have reason to complain if the rule was one replay call allowed per half. Because referees are human too :biggrin: as this would allow a small margin of error yet not allow them to lean on VAR as a crutch all match long.

Top Bottom