The Golfist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Golf - a waste of a good walk.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I play twice a week. 9 on Wednesday and 18 on Thursday.
Best I got to was 18...... I am now off 29.
One of the good things is that my handicap allows me to compete with someone off eg 5.
Our clubhouse is lovely. Absolutely no snobs.....everyone is down to earth, your normal Joe Bloggs.
Another good thing but SOOO frustrating is you play one week and think "I've got it" as everything clicks. Next week you play like an absolute novice.

Slick

Guru
I play twice a week. 9 on Wednesday and 18 on Thursday.
Best I got to was 18...... I am now off 29.
One of the good things is that my handicap allows me to compete with someone off eg 5.
Our clubhouse is lovely. Absolutely no snobs.....everyone is down to earth, your normal Joe Bloggs.
Another good thing but SOOO frustrating is you play one week and think "I've got it" as everything clicks. Next week you play like an absolute novice.
That's what brings you back though. :okay:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Stop trying to hit it so hard. :okay:
Once i took a drive. My friend set up the tee how he thinks it should be based off my swing. I managed to completely shatter the tee and the ball dropped harmlessly on the spot where the tee was. Im sure he was taking the piss but alas i don't think i will make the PGA tour...

Slick

Guru
Once i took a drive. My friend set up the tee how he thinks it should be based off my swing. I managed to completely shatter the tee and the ball dropped harmlessly on the spot where the tee was. Im sure he was taking the piss but alas i don't think i will make the PGA tour...
Neither will I but I can smash a drive quite a distance when required, it's the tippy tappy stuff that gets me.

My friends tried to do the same with my tee height for years and I did try and copy them as the wooden tee was apparently the correct way to do it. Until 2 of us went to the same pro for a lesson and he used the same white plastic castle tee that I wanted to use. There is no right and wrong, it's the same as cycling, do what works or feels good to you.

Top Bottom