The Good people Of York/Hull !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
I might be away that weekend but please post or pm details closer to the time and I'll try to join in if I'm around.

Halloway

Blimey

Admin said:
Flippin 'eck, that's just across the road from where I work. Small world. :smile:

Same here.xx(

Halloway

Soltydog said:
I'm not too familiar with that area, but i believe the Premier Travel Inn is on a retail park, mainly car dealerships. Not too far from Hessle & only a mile or two away from some nice quiet country roads xx(

It's further out, just between the A63 and the Humber Bridge. It's a 10 to 15 minute walk or 5 minute ride into Hessle. The pub/restaurant attached to the hotel is OK as long as you don't mind corporate uniformity (it's my Friday lunchtime haunt.)

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'd be up for a meet, if I can get to wherever - I'm not all that in good condition, Beverley and home in a day would be my max limit I reckon and that would be a longish ride for me. Guess I could get a train nearer though...

Shaun

Founder
Sounds like we've got the makings of a good group ride.

Anyone else in the Hull / Hessle / Beverley area fancy coming for a spin? :biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Admin said:
Sounds like we've got the makings of a good group ride.

Anyone else in the Hull / Hessle / Beverley area fancy coming for a spin? :biggrin:

If anyone wants to make a weekend of it, i have a paddock available for anyone wishing to camp overnight & have a little party :tongue: Just south of Hornsea, right on the coast. It's adjacent to a public car park with a clean toilet block that's open 7am to 7pm IIRC

Hmmmm........ Camping? Party? Six-seater crew-cab Luton Transit leaving from York?

gavintc

Guru
This weekend is the big cycling weekend in Beverley. Town centre crit on Fri night, sportive on Sat and then East Yorks Classic RR on Sun. There is a lot going on from both a spectator and participant level.

wotcha girls & boys

looks like there will be a few of us,so its Saturday 6th September for a ride
now my knowledge of London is good but of Hull/Beverley is pretty much non-existent:biggrin:
so help would be great if someone could come up with a meeting place and route but not too early for time ,shall we say 10am?

AND I FINALLY GET TO MEET ARCH AND THE ELEPHANTS:tongue:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
gavintc said:
This weekend is the big cycling weekend in Beverley. Town centre crit on Fri night, sportive on Sat and then East Yorks Classic RR on Sun. There is a lot going on from both a spectator and participant level.

I'll be there! (watching, not racing obviously).

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm at work all weekend, but should be finished in time to get to Bev on Friday night. I'm sure in the local paper it mentioned the course being open to the public before the racing on Friday, could be fun :blush:

Top Bottom