The Good people Of York/Hull !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
gezza said:
wheres hornsea ??:blush:

Not that I am from Yorkshire but Hornsea is on the coast. It's famous for it's pottery.

yenrod

gavintc said:
I used to live in Beverley and know the area quite well. There are some stunning cycle routes in the area that are pretty much traffic free. VC Beverley, my old club, leave on Sundays from the Beverley Leisure Centre at 0930. I am sure they would make you welcome. A typical run is around 50 miles and includes a cafe stop.

Some of these buggers have a hard time getting off the PC never on the bike ;)

Shaun

Founder
Well, how about we all meet-up at the train station or St. Stephens Square (across the road from the station) - to give people outside of Hull a chance to join in, and then head out to Hornsea.

Whilst in Hornsea we can grab coffee and doughnuts (or tea and scones) - dip our toes in the sea and take photos of us all with our bikes - and then head back to Hull when we've had our fill of the tea / coffee / scones / doughnuts / rock / sea / 2p one-armed-bandits / etc ?

Sound like fun?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Admin said:
Well, how about we all meet-up at the train station or St. Stephens Square (across the road from the station) - to give people outside of Hull a chance to join in, and then head out to Hornsea.

Whilst in Hornsea we can grab coffee and doughnuts (or tea and scones) - dip our toes in the sea and take photos of us all with our bikes - and then head back to Hull when we've had our fill of the tea / coffee / scones / doughnuts / rock / sea / 2p one-armed-bandits / etc ?

Sound like fun?

Cheers,

sounds good to me,what sort of distances are we talking ,not that it matters after my exploits in the etape 2008

is there plenty of parking around Hull Station/st stephens square,or how far from where i am staying to cycle etc......

gezza said:
sounds good to me,what sort of distances are we talking ,not that it matters after my exploits in the etape 2008

is there plenty of parking around Hull Station/st stephens square,or how far from where i am staying to cycle etc......

2 car parks in St. Stephens one for the Tescos with time limited free parking and a council owned one which is pay for time you use it.
My preference would be for be for Pryme Street multi-story or Charles Street/Francis Street pay and display (big open are) a bit further north, especially if you have a bike on the car as they are generally quieter.
Unless with family I always cycle in. At a guess around 4 miles from where you are staying. Geography means most areas aren't too far out from city centre.

Ride to Hornsea on the SUSTRANS route (disused railway) would be a bit over 30 miles from city centre. Some of it is paved (up to where it crosses the A165). A regular ride for me with my son.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Admin said:

Sound like fun?

Cheers,

Well, apart from the oxymoronic notion of 'Hull' and 'Fun' in the same concept, yeah!:biggrin: Is that Hull-hornsea 30 miles one way, or there and back? 60 in a day is a bit of a push for me and suggests a pace I'd struggle with...

Mickle - you think the van idea might be a goer?

Since I am now in charge of the vehicles.... :-)

If it's not (and I'm not) booked out on a job it's a goer, I'll check the calendar when I get back to the office next week. I'm not bothered about doing a long ride either Arch, I just fancy meeting some CCers and camping. Might bring a marquee and some wacky bikes too.

Arch

Married to Night Train
mickle said:
Since I am now in charge of the vehicles.... :-)

If it's not (and I'm not) booked out on a job it's a goer, I'll check the calendar when I get back to the office next week. I'm not bothered about doing a long ride either Arch, I just fancy meeting some CCers and camping. Might bring a marquee and some wacky bikes too.

Cool! It could turn into a sort of guerilla roadshow! We used to joke about doing that - just turning up somewhere random, and doing a roadshow ad hoc!

I'd like to do a long ride, it's just that I know my pace would be very slow, if it was 30 each way.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Arch - don't worry about the pace. I'll be at the back keeping you company! I've never done anywhere near 60 miles in a day but I'm sure I can if I take it slow.

Top Bottom