The Great Cyclechat Jersey Relay - Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Ahk...I suppose our Wednesday rendezvous didn't work out- probably a good thing as I have a very contagious lurgy - viral gastroenteritis which means people should stay away according to GP today. Hoping to shift the jersey at some point...!!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The northern jersey will be available for signing at Loch Leven's Larder on Sunday 1st Aug, if anyone one wants to have it...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'll have it and do the Pedal For Scotland in it, along with some Skyrides and so on (if that isn't in some way soiling it's ....dubious reputation). :blush:

Oh, good point, what size is it?? And I take it I need to keep it dry so the signatures don't run??

*You can tell I haven't seen a picture of it recently so don't know what state it's in*.

Also, I'll have to see about taking it further north than Perth. Maybe.

redjedi

Über Member
I'll have it and do the Pedal For Scotland in it, along with some Skyrides and so on (if that isn't in some way soiling it's ....dubious reputation). :blush:

Oh, good point, what size is it?? And I take it I need to keep it dry so the signatures don't run??

*You can tell I haven't seen a picture of it recently so don't know what state it's in*.

Also, I'll have to see about taking it further north than Perth. Maybe.

:stop:

I don't know if your northern jersey is different to the southern one, but they are not to be worn. They would get all sweaty and smelly and if washed the signatures would run or wash out.

The southern one is kept in a zip lock bag at all times to keep it clean and dry.

It's been a while since we've had a picture update of the two jerseys, although I'm not sure if TTCycle has got around to un-packing it yet :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Replying to Mad Doug Biker from the other relay thread ... maybe a moderator can tidy up the mix up? My fault, as I asked who wanted it next on the journal thread, rather than the discussion thread :blush: ...

I've still got the northern jersey, and would like to hand it on as soon as possible, so it can continue its journey :becool:.
My thoughts were to hand it to somebody on the next CC ride next weekend.. there are a quite a few central Scotland people signed up! I was hoping one of them would take it on, and then it can make its way further west towards Glasgow, collecting as many signatures as possible on the way!

T

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi RJ

the southern jersey is STILL with me! It hasn't been lost but I am looking to pass it on! Any takers?

TVC

OK, any chance of the southern jersey making it up to the East Midlands?

I don't think it's been round my way yet.

Shaun

Founder
Moved the conversational posts into here from the relay journal as suggested ... :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi Velvet Curtain - I'm not sure I'm able to get it to East Mids in one go unless there were any people heading up that way?

TVC

Hi, Yep I appreciate it's too far in one hop, I was just wondering if it could be pointed in this direction. I'll squint at the member map and see who I could get interested in relaying it up.

(Sorry for the delay in replying, been on hols)

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi VC - Missed your post!

On the rare occasion I venture to the West Mids to see relatives I can run it past you then - I don't know if I'd be on bike though and my visits to the Midlands are not frequent so if there's an alternative let me know! Unless any forummers are wanting to take the jersey off my hands closer South? It's been languishing for a while now.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I still have the Northern Jersey as I didn't manage to hand it on to anyone at the CC Ecosse ride last weekend. Is anyone heading down south for the November FNRttC who is yet to sign it? (or the York-Whitby ride next week?)

Otherwise does anyone in Cumbria/N.Yorks/N.Lancs/Northhumberland/Dumfrees & Galloway fancy meeting up half way somewhere.

I've had the jersey over a month now so it's probably time for it to move on :smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Jersey 1 (Southern Jersey the Original)

As an unexpected consequence of the End of Summertime ride, I have got Jersey 1 from Chuffy and Baggy.
I believe this makes me the first person to have had all three!

Top Bottom