The hot humid night thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is this unusual for your street?

When it's a hot day/night it's quite common for the idiots to act like this. The idiot has now moved on,so no fight....unfortunately.:tired:

Bryony

Veteran
I'm being kept awake by the 3 fire engines right below my bedroom window. Someone in the high rise block next to mine has set fire to the bins via the rubbish chute (that's the only way possible as the bins are locked up inside the building.) It was a nightly occurrence at one point until the police began an investigation but now it seems to have started up again. The fire brigade are currently trying to clear the smoke from the building with very loud fans and it's waaay to hot to shut the window and block out the noise!:heat:

classic33

Leg End Member
The children across the road used to do that,when their parents had gone out on a Saturday night. Why,i don't know.
These were adults(legally). Seeing a fully unformed police officer chasing someone with no clothes on down the road, when there's ice and snow on the road is something else.

Lonestar

Veteran
Think I suffered heat exhaustion on the return commute yesterday but I was very near home.Probably due to working in hot condition with non existent air con and being up slightly earlier than today.Got an early night but have needed four dips in a bath of cold water...as room was too hot.Also found box fan was pumping out warm air so I turned it off.Temprature was between 85 and 90 last night in my bedroom apparently.Can't open window as it's either too light...Next doors dog is barking or my half yuppie neighbours are having a barbeque or being noisy.Or both.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Has anybody here built a swamp cooler?. Just a simple evaporative cooler with air blowing over a wet surface.
[media]

]View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1ClPF_c9CU[/media]

That could be fun.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
When it's a hot day/night it's quite common for the idiots to act like this. The idiot has now moved on,so no fight....unfortunately.:tired:

Oh, did you not get out in time to take him up on his offer? Drunks are so easy to take out. They won't try and do anything except punch your face, leaving you free to take them in the knees.

Top Bottom