The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
First month of 2017 done. I had planned to do a double metric, but rear gear cable snapped at 91 miles, luckily the direct route home was pretty much downhill, got home on 112 miles, gave the bike a quick clean and did another 2 miles to LBS and back, couldn't be arsed to go do the other 11 miles.

https://www.strava.com/activities/824186326
Good to see you having a go at the challenge this year :okay:. Apparently your now top in MyCyclingLog cycle chat group !.
I noticed your second ride on strava and thought that's to Webster's .
Did the cable snap under the extra cake weight after nice pies .

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Good to see you having a go at the challenge this year :okay:. Apparently your now top in MyCyclingLog cycle chat group !.
I noticed your second ride on strava and thought that's to Webster's .
Did the cable snap under the extra cake weight after nice pies .

Snapped just as I was coming up to Nice Pies.

Congratulations to everyone who got their 2016 star ^_^

I may be joining in again this time round as some short-term objectives for training are badly needed - my medum-term (think end of July) training goal is too big to comprehend :banghead:

Hopefully I won't repeat my 2015 strategy of getting rides in at the last possible moment, but it is me we're talking about :rolleyes:
I suppose at least I might inject a bit of last minute drama...

That's Jan done for me too, I'll update the challenge page later :smile:
7January a brief summary - Led out the DCC Bun Run for 25 miles in under grey murky skies but just when the sun was coming back as I was meeting someone I had to double back into that murk. Thought I was running close to time and went quite hard but lol I got there about 5 mins before the other person :laugh:
We went up into the hills for a bit and eventually the sun came out over Gleneagles
IMG_20170107_183143.jpg

Maybe we should have stayed there :laugh: but we went back over the hills into the murk but then again the cafe was waiting :okay:
IMG_20170107_183548.jpg

We chatted and stayed in the cafe a bit long and light was fading and by the time I got back to the meet point light was fading and I still had at least 21 solo miles still to go. Now I could have went the flat way back and been about 8 miles short and done laps of the flat mile long road close to home under the streetlights but thats boring so I decided to head up the rural Saline Hill, within 20mins it was a peasouper and 20mins later it was pitch black :rolleyes:

https://www.relive.cc/view/826811010

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
7January a brief summary - Led out the DCC Bun Run for 25 miles in under grey murky skies but just when the sun was coming back as I was meeting someone I had to double back into that murk. Thought I was running close to time and went quite hard but lol I got there about 5 mins before the other person :laugh:
We went up into the hills for a bit and eventually the sun came out over Gleneagles
View attachment 156780
Maybe we should have stayed there :laugh: but we went back over the hills into the murk but then again the cafe was waiting :okay:
View attachment 156783
We chatted and stayed in the cafe a bit long and light was fading and by the time I got back to the meet point light was fading and I still had at least 21 solo miles still to go. Now I could have went the flat way back and been about 8 miles short and done laps of the flat mile long road close to home under the streetlights but thats boring so I decided to head up the rural Saline Hill, within 20mins it was a peasouper and 20mins later it was pitch black :rolleyes:

https://www.relive.cc/view/826811010

I thought you must have gone back up North, no way you can do the climbing you've been doing on Strava around Peterborough :laugh:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I don't think I could stomach a whole ton on the track. It would get too boring. And I think they might get the shepherd's crook out and hoik me off the track and boot me out before I'd finished.

I have a nice 50 mile loop, but don't think I could do that twice for a ton ride as I'd find it too boring :laugh: I'd like to have a ride on the track to see how long I could last before getting bored :blush: Reckon its just above the turbo trainer on the boredom scale :okay:

Hoping to get out for my qualifier on Thursday & if I fail that could be it for this month/year :sad: Had a bit of chest pain this last week, but it's on the rhs so shouldn't be anything to worry about :whistle:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've noticed the Friday's ride list is now up for this year, I may be able to do the London - Southend on 10th March, but I believe it's only a short one, will anyone be doing that & riding back to London to get the ton in?

The weekend of the York - Hull I'm due to be working, but reckon I'll be fine just booking Saturday off, should make York for midnight after work on Friday :blush: & then ride home from Hull to make the 100 miles

ps if the weather is bad I'll probably cry off the London ride :okay:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've noticed the Friday's ride list is now up for this year, I may be able to do the London - Southend on 10th March, but I believe it's only a short one, will anyone be doing that & riding back to London to get the ton in?

The weekend of the York - Hull I'm due to be working, but reckon I'll be fine just booking Saturday off, should make York for midnight after work on Friday :blush: & then ride home from Hull to make the 100 miles

ps if the weather is bad I'll probably cry off the London ride :okay:

Always ride back on the FNR's. It's a tradition :okay:
Happy to lead you back to the smoke.. or to Dartford at least. If you have a gps be happy to make a route for you outlining where you want to get to.

Be good to meet you.

Top Bottom