The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've noticed the Friday's ride list is now up for this year, I may be able to do the London - Southend on 10th March, but I believe it's only a short one, will anyone be doing that & riding back to London to get the ton in?

The weekend of the York - Hull I'm due to be working, but reckon I'll be fine just booking Saturday off, should make York for midnight after work on Friday :blush: & then ride home from Hull to make the 100 miles

ps if the weather is bad I'll probably cry off the London ride :okay:
I'm not sure to be honest. I've always ridden up to London and then peeled off at Dartford on the Saturday. It will be pretty close to a ton though and if it does fall short a lap of Hyde Park should sort it

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Always ride back on the FNR's. It's a tradition :okay:
Happy to lead you back to the smoke.. or to Dartford at least. If you have a gps be happy to make a route for you outlining where you want to get to.

Be good to meet you.

Cheers. I do have an old Garmin that I could use to find my way back with a plotted route.

tatr

I'm out of the challenge for this year. Kitchen works, baby, etc mean I'm going to fail to get a January ride in.

Roll on 2018.

I went out today to see how I got on. Very badly indeed!
At one point I had this post written in my head simply as: "I DON'T LIKE THIS CHALLENGE WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS?"
100.9 miles. Lap of Inverclyde followed by some truly loathesome bimbling to make up the distance.

Ride Report to follow - I hope February's qualifying ride is easier...

13 rider

Guru
Februarys in the bag pretty similar route to Januarys but knowing the route I added the miles at the beginning instead of searching for them at the end .Paced this one much better despite starting slower was 10 mins quicker and still felt ok despite a headwind most of the way home . Worker the milage so got to cafe with 75 miles in the bag and thats 25 miles from home.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Februarys in the bag pretty similar route to Januarys but knowing the route I added the miles at the beginning instead of searching for them at the end .Paced this one much better despite starting slower was 10 mins quicker and still felt ok despite a headwind most of the way home . Worker the milage so got to cafe with 75 miles in the bag and thats 25 miles from home.

Phil, on the thread to record your rides you need to edit your original post rather than add a new post every month. I don't mind but the Chief Super might bollock you :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Phil, on the thread to record your rides you need to edit your original post rather than add a new post every month. I don't mind but the Chief Super might bollock you :laugh:

Thanks for the heads up :okay:

Yes. @13 rider please edit your first entry with your latest ride and delete the 2 latest (1 duplicate posts). If you can't delete please pm one of the mods to do for you.
Cheers.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
:shy:
I'm just fishing for extra likes
Sorry consider myself scolded I won't do it again

We all get at least one bollocking in our first year, it's part of the initiation

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Just had a look at your route and I am going to shamelessly nick a large chunk of it ^_^

13 rider

Guru
Just had a look at your route and I am going to shamelessly nick a large chunk of it ^_^
Get of my land :okay:
The vale is flatish but the wind can play havoc as its abit exposed . Some of the roads the other side of the A52 are truely awful surface wise . Cafe was Dove Cottage I mentioned to you by the canal between Stathern and Plunger . The only problem with the vale is you have to climb out of it somewhere no way round that

Trickedem

Guru
February nailed. Bike cleaned. Lovely Kent loop invented by that @Trickedem . In the company of said @Trickedem and @ianrauk . Brunch was at Headcorn aerodrome where the cafe was full of people waiting their turn to skydive. Not a smile amongst them. They need to buy a bike. Highlight of the day was the new lambs wearing their plastic bag coats. All ready for the oven, like.
IMG_20170205_165548.jpg

Top Bottom