The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Second ton in a month for the first time . Did the Rutland Cicle Sportive 105 miles and just 7447 ft of climbing

Trickedem

Guru
Did the Oasts and Coasts 300km with @ianrauk yesterday. Tough early half with a head wind across Romney Marsh. 1 hour of rain, but we had some sun later on. My biggest ride of the year and @ianrauk 's longest ride ever! Chapeau
ian bluebell.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Everyone's doing well on the challenge so far with only a couple of drop outs. 14 up to date riders with 2 hopefully to get an April ride in.

@Soltydog & @Edwardoka Have you done your April rides yet? Or you doing this weekend?

Everyone's doing well on the challenge so far with only a couple of drop outs. 14 up to date riders with 2 hopefully to get an April ride in.

@Soltydog & @Edwardoka Have you done your April rides yet? Or you doing this weekend?
Blimey, is that the time already? :whistle:

Seriously though, not yet. Mojo entirely in absentia - glad I signed up to this to give me the necessary kick up the behind!

Soltydog

Legendary Member

Can I have a bit longer? :laugh:
Was hoping to get out last week, but wasn't in the best of 'moods' & it was grey & drizzly in the morning so binned it. Got my shift at work covered on Friday & hoping to get it done then, otherwise I'm knackered. Off to watch the TDY (hopefully) but if I'm running late may miss them, but should still get the century in :okay:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hope the weather Gods are smiling upon you for your rides guys.
Got mine done today, not ideal weather, headwind for 1st 35 or so miles along with a nice little shower or 3 :angry:, far too much climbing for my liking & the wind changed direction to give me a headwind for the last 25 or so miles :blush: I'll get my write up done once I've rehydrated :okay:

rb58

Enigma
I'm hoping to get May's done on Monday with a trip to the Jam Factory at Tiptree. I did 50+ on fixed today, so might try for the first fixed century of 2017 on Monday as there aren't really any hills, apart from the uphill bits (!) and Market Street in Maldon (!!!!), which is a bit of a tester, and naughty if there's a lot of traffic.

Bad news, miraculous recovery notwithstanding, I'm out of this year's challenge.

Went out today, over the Campsies with a view to heading to old stomping grounds, felt good (but slow) up the Crow Road, but halfway along the Carron Valley my IT band gave out.

Abandoned the ride at mile 41 in Stirling. I could have continued but have had this condition enough in the past to know better than to push through the pain - there was no way I'd have been able to do another 59 miles.

Currently doing RICE and stretches, if my knee has improved markedly by tomorrow I'll give it another shot but realistically I won't get a ton out of it.
Frustrated with myself more than upset, really crap timing, but hardly surprising given that I'd not been on a bike since March's qualifier :laugh:
Best of luck to everyone for the rest of the year! :okay::bicycle:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Bad news, miraculous recovery notwithstanding, I'm out of this year's challenge.

Went out today, over the Campsies with a view to heading to old stomping grounds, felt good (but slow) up the Crow Road, but halfway along the Carron Valley my IT band gave out.

Abandoned the ride at mile 41 in Stirling. I could have continued but have had this condition enough in the past to know better than to push through the pain - there was no way I'd have been able to do another 59 miles.

Currently doing RICE and stretches, if my knee has improved markedly by tomorrow I'll give it another shot but realistically I won't get a ton out of it.
Frustrated with myself more than upset, really crap timing, but hardly surprising given that I'd not been on a bike since March's qualifier :laugh:
I'm really sorry to hear this. :sad: I wish you all the best if you try tomorrow but make sure you don't do yourself a mischief trying.

rb58

Enigma

Ouch! Sorry to hear that....

Top Bottom