The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
March ride done today, a beautiful day for it :smile: Even had my shorts on for the first time this year. It was just a gentle breeze in most places, although I did venture on to the edge of the Wolds & it was a bit exposed & breezy at times, was knackered after about 40 miles, but after lunch & a bit warmer weather I got a good second wind :okay:

Eddie_C

Über Member
Afraid I'm out for this year. Had to leave it until Wednesday and ran out of time on the day.

Hope to try again in the New Year. Best of luck to those still in the Challenge.

Well thats April done amazingly comfortable on half a bottle I lost it on the cobbles after about 50miles of a total of a 110miles (may have been more but I forgot to restart the garmin) but with a bit of a rehydration break before the last three miles :laugh:
Ride to Start.JPG

The Event

Ride to Finish.JPG

Aravis

Putrid Donut
To everyone who was able to get out there and do their stuff today, I am very, very jealous!

I hope make up for it tomorrow, when it promised to be quite a lot windier. But since I said I preferred headwinds to "pesky hills" in the recent poll I suppose I've no right to complain. I'll be using my recently acquired scrapyard Raleigh - named "Skip" for Strava purposes - so anything could happen really. It will be another "loopy" effort, not straying too far from home, just in case...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Did mine too. Rode along to Brighton & met up with the Greater London contingent on the front. Rather later there than them, but not exactly a problem. Back home at 4.30, after the usual 'I need another mile or two' trip around the neighbourhood. First ton of the year on the Viner, Other Best Bike being given a rest.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Did mine too. Rode along to Brighton & met up with the Greater London contingent on the front. Rather later there than them, but not exactly a problem. Back home at 4.30, after the usual 'I need another mile or two' trip around the neighbourhood. First ton of the year on the Viner, Other Best Bike being given a rest.

Was nice to see both you and the Viner. Been a while since last saw that bike.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Was nice to see both you and the Viner. Been a while since last saw that bike.
Horses for courses. Grotty roads and/or lousy weather? Load lugging? Litespeed every time. But for a day like today, the Viner. She still feels special after eight years and many miles.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
April done today, as I'd hoped. The "recycled" bike performed admirably, and I worked round the lack of a rear brake cable hanger with a block of wood. A more aesthetically pleasing solution is on order from an excellent LBS I've recently found and will cost £1.60. Having placed the order, I then spent half an hour chatting with the shop owner about steam trains and the days when bikes were bikes.

I pushed on a bit today and finished on 125 miles, the longest of the year so far. The final 25 miles were straight back into the stiff breeze, which was a test I was happy to set myself. I accidentally saved the ride half way round on my 520, and to save any faff I uploaded from the backup 200 - so much less climbing today.

Top Bottom