The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks guys, no sign of a miraculous recovery so definitely sitting this one out.

Good luck for May and beyond and see you in 2018 :bravo:

13 rider

Guru
Thanks guys, no sign of a miraculous recovery so definitely sitting this one out.

Good luck for May and beyond and see you in 2018 :bravo:
Gutted for you . But your health comes first . You done enough to drop into the half century challenge km or miles if you need a bit of motivation to get out your more than welcome

Gutted for you . But your health comes first . You done enough to drop into the half century challenge km or miles if you need a bit of motivation to get out your more than welcome
Only 41 miles banked yesterday so out of the imperial 50 as well, I'll see how my recovery goes before committing to a metric challenge :smile:
Thanks dude!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I had plenty of showers but no heavy rain. Here's a pretty picture.
WP_20170501_005.jpg

Yes, it is in big -big. You wanna make something of it?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Done. Am sitting in the Bristol harbour Pizza Express, having ridden here for the FNRttC to Barry. 109 miles so far- set off 10.40, got here 9.05, bit slower than I'd have liked as the Kennet & Avon canal towpaths hurt the speed. Still 11.6 rolling average, nice to have a tailwind for once!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Done. Am sitting in the Bristol harbour Pizza Express, having ridden here for the FNRttC to Barry. 109 miles so far- set off 10.40, got here 9.05, bit slower than I'd have liked as the Kennet & Avon canal towpaths hurt the speed. Still 11.6 rolling average, nice to have a tailwind for once!

Good effort Stu. Well done.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
May is now done, in Yorkshire for a change. A 122 mile loop through the Wolds and Howardian Hills.

It was bitterly cold - I misjudged the temperature and was at least a layer short. Until 9am (which today was over half the ride) I really struggled to keep warm. There were some hills, particularly on the main avenue through the Castle Howard estate, but there were also lengthy flat sections and Strava was pretty unimpressed at my power output today - always a bit dispiriting.

There were lots of nice things to see, but halfway through our week we've yet to see the sun. That's set to change tomorrow. At least I didn't use the best day for my ride - that wouldn't've been popular.

Some of the brief sections of main road I used today were murderous.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I've left it late this month but am still in the challenge. :dance: 107.9 miles to Lake Vyrnwy, round the lake a couple of times and back, annoyingly with a headwind both ways (yes, honestly - the Met Office confirm it).

Proper write up to follow tomorrow as I'm knackered and have had beer.

Edit: write up now done and it's here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom