The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I battled my way round a 104.7 mile circuit today, mainly in Herefordshire. When my alarm woke me this morning, and I suddenly remembered what I was planning to do, my first thought was "Oh no!".

There was a lot of water in all the major rivers, as in this picture at Moreton on Lugg snapped while I was waiting for the level crossing. But fortunately not enough to flood my route.

P1000130a.JPG

The train came quicker than expected and in my haste to beat the next one I forgot to eat, which may have contributed to a few problems later, particularly cramp.

Just one Strava flyby today, from someone called Tony Martin. No, I don't think so!

It looks as though there will be over a hour more daylight by the end of this month, and up to 11 hours by the end of February. That's a nice thought, isn't it? :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
January done. Not quite as tough as last month, but rather more walking (the route involved rather a lot of Sustains paths, the kind that get waterlogged, churned up with mud, hopeless surfaces…should have stuck to the A259). Original plan was, as wind was NW, get train 100 miles or so east & ride home. With that in mind, I got a return ticket to Ashford Itsnotinternational, with a view to heading west from Rye or Winchelsea (Southern's barmy ticket prices mean that a single to Brighton is £10.55 with Network Railcard or equivalent discount, a return is 10p extra, and a train to Ashford, or all stations between there and Brighton is still £10.55/£10.65!!!). I got the 5am London train, rode from Hove to Brighton in plenty of time for the 6.32 Ashford service, and it left on time…Unfortunately, there was a problem with the level crossing barriers at Pevensey (not sorted till 10am, apparently) and the service was cancelled at Eastbourne. Not far enough east to ride straight home. On to Bexhill it was, and a quick photo of the lovely De La Warr Pavillion before heading back towards Brighton. As it turns out, very slowly…not-quite-tailwind wasn't very beneficial, and all the off-roading really hurt the speed. Bloomin' Sustains rubbish… Left Eastbourne at 7.20, got to Madeira Drive at 1.30 or so (!!!). Thankfully, the usual route home was rather quicker than the first half, though the damage was done. Back home at about 6.30, and almost as knackered as last month…

rb58

Enigma
And we're off. A ride of two halves. Headwind for the outward leg had me cursing my bike, but at least I had the benefit of a slight tailwind for the return. I had a slow-ish puncture two miles from home, but kept topping it up with gas as I couldn't face changing a tube in the cold and dark at that stage. Beer, curry and pub quiz now.......

13 rider

Guru
Yes... You and @Supersuperleeds have a lot to answer for :angry: :laugh:
It's all @Supersuperleeds fault he bullied me into just for some company :laugh: and someone to drag him round :okay:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well that was fun. First ever imperial century done today. The last 10 miles or so were mentally challenging, but I survived and have only been asleep for 2 hours on the sofa this afternoon, I have an understanding Mrs CB who is even getting dinner ready.
Whoever prompted me into doing this alongside the other 2 challenges has some explaining to do, @13 rider :okay:

Top Bottom