The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am going to attempt to not do an imperial century in January and lumber myself with them for the rest of the year! :laugh:
Well, a combination of dodgy weather and catching a cold put paid to my half-hearted plan to get a January imperial century in. I did manage to ride a metric century yesterday but that was about all my post-cold legs could handle. Maybe the imperial challenge for me in 2019, eh?

Anyway ... For those of you tackling it this year - good luck!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Sorry guys I'm out :sad: Not got mine done, but best of luck to all those who have got their January century ride completed, hope you all sucessfully complete the challenge :okay:
I turn 50 this year, so wanted to do a challenge that involved 50 & not sure I could manage 50 century rides in a year :laugh: so I've set myself another challenge which may prove just as challenging for me :blush:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well, a combination of dodgy weather and catching a cold put paid to my half-hearted plan to get a January imperial century in. I did manage to ride a metric century yesterday but that was about all my post-cold legs could handle. Maybe the imperial challenge for me in 2019, eh?

Anyway ... For those of you tackling it this year - good luck!

Well done, that's quite a feat:laugh: Why didn't I think of that....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry guys I'm out :sad: Not got mine done, but best of luck to all those who have got their January century ride completed, hope you all sucessfully complete the challenge :okay:
I turn 50 this year, so wanted to do a challenge that involved 50 & not sure I could manage 50 century rides in a year :laugh: so I've set myself another challenge which may prove just as challenging for me :blush:
How about 50 metric centuries? That would still be a pretty impressive total!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
With Colin out of the challenge for this year ;)
That makes 17 participants.

This weekend is a new month so hoping some peeps get out and log a ride.
I'm busy this weekend with no cycling, so plan is for next weekend to log my ride.

I got the bogey month of February out of the way today, good job as well, it looks like the weather is going to be horrendous for the rest of February :eek:.

https://www.relive.cc/view/1388166714

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Looked at my shift roster this morning and I'll be cutting it fine for February, looks like my first, and maybe only, opportunity will be the 25th.... Hopefully the rubbish weather will clear by then. I may get an earlier chance but will have to be extra nice to SWMBO as I'll need to her to pop home from work lunchtime to let the dogs out....

rb58

Enigma
That's the February 100-miler in the bag. Nice Surrey, Sussex and Kent loop organised by @Trickedem . Things I learned:

Waterproof socks are not waterproof. Because the water runs down your legs and straight to your toes.
Waterproof gloves are not waterproof. Because the water runs down your arms and straight to your fingers.
Weather forecasters just make it up.
There's no point in cleaning a bike.

Having said that, it was a great route - a typical Tim flat one (up/down, up/down, up/down) with a decent breakfast thrown in. And it's always good fun riding with Tim, even if he was riding a comedy bike.

The scores on the doors.... 101.4 miles. Average speed - ponderous. Maximum speed 40mph. Enigma Etape.

Did I mention it rained?

rb58

Enigma
Interestingly as I was riding through the village of Ashurst Wood I heard the sound of beautiful singing. I followed it and found a tower with neither door nor stairs, containing a beautiful maiden, imprisoned by a witch. "Rapunzel! Rapunzel! let down your hair!" I called. She did so, and leaned out of the window and said "O Prince, have you come to rescue me? ... Hang on, you're no prince, you're Dogtrousers. Finish your February century at once! and if you see a Prince, send him this way"
View attachment 394416
Ha, ha. @Trickedem and I passed that way today too. In fact I suspect Tim has a very similar photo. Good luck with the HOTA.

Top Bottom