The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Well that was fun. First ever imperial century done today. The last 10 miles or so were mentally challenging, but I survived and have only been asleep for 2 hours on the sofa this afternoon, I have an understanding Mrs CB who is even getting dinner ready.
Whoever prompted me into doing this alongside the other 2 challenges has some explaining to do, @13 rider :okay:
Sorry :shy: . You will be cursing me all year :laugh:
Well done on your first Imperial ton . Great effort :notworthy:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Well that was fun. First ever imperial century done today. The last 10 miles or so were mentally challenging, but I survived and have only been asleep for 2 hours on the sofa this afternoon, I have an understanding Mrs CB who is even getting dinner ready.
Whoever prompted me into doing this alongside the other 2 challenges has some explaining to do, @13 rider :okay:

I can still remember my first 100. It's a great feeling when you bag your first one, well done.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well done. Welcome aboard goodship imperial century challenge.

Well that's me in again after doing a ton today, I'll post it in the challenge thread after tea :okay:
26991920_10155403307754482_5573307728410305047_n.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Chapeau. Going from zero centuries into doing one a month? Barking mad, but I'm afraid that's par for the course! :smile: It'll be one hell of an achievement, mind. Good luck, we'll all be Egham you on. My first ton was in August 2009, only did one more that year. Few more in 2010, more in 2011 (including three of the six longest rides I've done even now) before sticking the first of those stars on the following year.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
What's impressive to me is that you managed to get your first ton finished so early in the day. I was just taking my boots off and drinking my post ride coffee when you were making your post post ride snooze post!
I did leave the house just before 0600hrs, I had no idea how long it would take so allowed about 10 hours. I figured I'd lower my pace from the usual 15 - 16 mph and aim for 13-14 mph so I didn't get worn out too early. It seems my legs found a natural pace and I was rather suprised to finish just under 7 hours. That said, with only 800m of climbing it was quite flat (though I reckon I could do one with only 200m if I tried..)

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I took 2 750ml bottles as a just in case. I was suprised to find both empty when I finished, very odd given it was cold.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
OK so far we have 14 CC Members posting rides in this years challenge. (Some of the usual suspects and a few welcome new entrants to boot.)
That's 1 more entrant then what finished the challenge last year.

So this weekend is the last weekend of the month. It would be good to see some more entrants this year.
It's been one of the worst January months weather wise then I can ever remember, (My mileage is way down) but long range forecast for the weekend (in the SE anyhoo) is looking pretty good for cycling.

Top Bottom