The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Discussion in 'CycleChat Monthly Challenges' started by Rob S, 26 Dec 2007.

1. Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero Pro sandbagger

March`s ride done today with some wonderful geezers from Leicestershire and Lincolnshire :hugs:. I managed to run over my phone at 120 miles after my bar mount case fell off due to me not attaching it properly after the last cafe stop, but all was fine :blush:

https://www.relive.cc/view/1448263770

Last edited: 12 Mar 2018
    rb58, HLaB, ianrauk and 7 others like this.
  2. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

Done, and done in again. A Hampshire loop- westerly so I had a tailwind on the return- via Winchester to Stockbridge, Andover, Whitchurch and then my usual route from there home. On the road at 8.30 and back home at 7.30, rolling average 10.3 mph. Don't know why, just had no oomph all day. Headwind definitely felt more than 11 mph, but I was barely faster heading back east. In the bag, at least.

Aravis, rb58, Supersuperleeds and 6 others like this.
  3. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Overconfidentii Vulgaris Moderator

Also got mine in yesterday. (Ride report) An undulating ride to Ludlow, Bishop's Castle, Montgomery and back. Blooming hard work and I can feel the effects of having done less mileage than intended over the winter.:heat:

Hopefully better weather on the way and I can start making up for that.

Aravis, rb58, Supersuperleeds and 7 others like this.
  4. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

It was you mentioning that some of last years imperial challenge riders were doing an RRTY that got me looking at it.

ianrauk likes this.
  5. I’m guessing thats the ‘AUK’ thing. It all looks a bit confusing to me :wacko:

6. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

Randonneur Round The Year which, if I understand it correctly, is doing a 200km or more ride every month for a year.

7. 125 miles then:smile:

rb58 and HLaB like this.
  8. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

They are ok.

Dogtrousers likes this.
  9. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

Well that's March done. Set myself a destination which joined up to some Explorer squares near Hindhead which I got on a Cub camp some years ago. The Surrey Hills turned out to be rather hilly, and I'm really pleased that I didn't walk up any of them (did have to give myself a stern talking to on the bike though!).
    102.3 miles, 4,941ft of climbing.
    Roll on April:bicycle::bicycle:

Aravis, 13 rider, HLaB and 8 others like this.
  10. rb58

rb58 Enigma

March in the bag. First time on the bike for a while due to snow, and man flu, so wasn't expecting to be particularly quick. My expectations weren't disappointed. I decided to also make this a recce for the Friday Night Ride to the Coast to Whitstable which I'm leading in a couple of weeks. I expected the Kent lanes to be plagued with potholes, but they weren't too bad. Although, the pot holes I did come across were pretty epic. Some you'd need a rope to get out of them with! Tough headwind for the return leg, otherwise it was a nice day. Beer beckons.....

Last edited: 21 Mar 2018
    Aravis, 13 rider, HLaB and 8 others like this.
  11. BromyG

BromyG Senior Member

Thanks to the Fridays, March ride now completed and my longest ride this year! Thanks too for everyone's support and encouragement during the ride

12. ianrauk

Finally, I get March's qualifying ride in the bag. It wasn't for not trying. Such bad weather for the past three weeks and a cancelled Audax meant it was ride or bust today. I was going to go out what ever the weather.
    So asked @Trickedem if he fancied a trip to the seaside for lunch, Herne Bay to be precise.
    So was out of the door at 7am to get in a few miles (23) before meeting Tim at Rochester. We then followed the classic FNR to Whitstable then on the further 5 miles to Herne Bay where we lunched at the well known in Audax circles Mackaris Cafe..
    For the return we fancied something different rather then the usual FNR in reverse. We decided to cross country. Climbing up and over the Downs. Stopping for a cheeky pint at the Black Horse on the Pilgrims Way.
    At Sandling, Tim headed north to Strood whilst I turned south to Maidstone, popping in the town to say hello to Rachel who was working today. A quick hello then I ws off, following the Medway towpath, a really nice recently tarmacked shared path, but obviously with everyone and their dogs out about due to the fine weather it made for slow going. But it was nice never the less.
    So. March's century ride done, a quarter of the year already. 103.7 very enjoyable miles. Century # 5 for the year and #233 over all.
    Thanks to Tim for another thorough enjoyable ride.

route.jpg

Gillingham Riverside
    20180325_092147.jpg

Whitstable
    20180325_113016.jpg

Tim on the way into Herne Bay
    20180325_114011.jpg

Sorry for blurred pic. 20180325_113716.jpg

HLaB, Aravis, BromyG and 9 others like this.
  13. ianrauk

OK, thats another weekend in March done and dusted and we still have 3 members still to log their qualifying rides
    @Ajax Bay @Mark Grant @HLaB

14. Hopefully do it this weekend if Ive recovered.

15. Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay Veteran

Last edited: 30 Mar 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice