The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
August qualifier done nice and early. I combined it with a recce for the upcoming FNRttC Whitstable edition. Rochester to Whitstable really is a splendid ride - it's almost a shame to do it at night! Can't say the same for the Sidcup to Gravesend leg. That is definitely better done at night! Gave the Enigma another run out, and it behaved impeccably. I love that bike.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Challenge is maintained for another month with 120 miles today, an expansive route into some quiet parts of Herefordshire, before heading for the Severn Bridge and returning along the eastern side of the estuary.

A very warm afternoon was forecast so ethicality wasn't the priority! That said, the first 80 miles or so had a respectable amount of rise and fall, so maybe I'd earned the finish through the flatlands east of the river, coupled with a following wind. I hadn't been there for a while and it was certainly fun. :smile:

13 rider

Guru
August done if I get @ianrauk blessing . Basically today I have riden 106 miles .but 1.5 miles in I realised I left my water bottles nicely chilled in the fridge :banghead:.So I had to go home :surrender:. So to keep within the rules I recalibrated and rode another 103 miles from home restarting the ride . Hopefully this is acceptable .
Circular route from Market Bosworth around the back of Tamworth back to Market Bosworth in the company of @Supersuperleeds who last last seen chasing miles for another 200km :bravo:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I've forgotten my bottles a couple of times. You rode 106 in your qualifying. Without going into the whole 'not stopping at your home rule' debate, pragmatically if you forget something and nip back, that's been deemed perfectly acceptable on multiple occasions.

Bagged my ton today also. I done about 13 miles with the club but there was no way I was holding my mates zone 3 for two hours. With a perfect draft I'd only hold it for 4mins in my current physical shape, so I dropped off and did a 80+ miles on my own having already done about 5 to the meet. View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/26331528

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Also bagged august. In raging, energy sapping heat. Im bloody bushed.
A nice ride out to Hadleigh mountain bike centre for food with @rb58 @mark st1 @sagefly @Nick Saddlesore and @StuAff .
Thanks chaps.
You're welcome. 14+ mph average on the return leg until I hit the usual congestion & endless red lights. Having you two to chase really helped! Got back to Waterloo with 90 or so on the clock, that wouldn't do, so went down to Brixton and back and towards Camberwell and back to make the ton. Just missed the 1900 train home, so on the 1930 (faster train anyway).

I got August’s ride completed yesterday. It was quite warm so I stuck to a mainly costal route. The weather made the views and photo op’s better though.

094E1F02-8F58-45DD-842F-C460F33BD2C5.jpeg

0CE2D968-8854-4644-AA81-B62BDAF3AF8A.jpeg

066D5246-5A49-4E7F-ACB4-BD4B3AE97DDF.jpeg

01AAB8A0-EB7F-461A-813A-DDD13BE8D698.jpeg

6218F6A8-59C0-4CFD-9C8B-AF40E700C4B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom