The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I've done mine today, doing a variation of one of my favourite routes out to Lake Vyrnwy, a couple of laps of the lake and back the most direct way. 111.1 miles at what for me is a very pleasing 14.7mph average. My fastest of the year so far.:wahhey:

The write up will follow but possibly not for a couple of days. In the meantime here are a couple of pics from the day:
DSC0006855.jpg

DSC0006858.jpg

BromyG

Veteran
August now completed, thanks to the Fridays ride to Whitstable and return ride to Tilbury (via the Gravesend ferry) for a train home. Thanks to Mark Woollard again for his company and pacesetting! Details posted on challenge page. Awkward mechanical on the final 20 metres of the Graveney Marshes (return), when the chain came off and jammed itself between the inside of the chain ring and frame. Eventually shifted it with ignorance and brute force! Good to meet @jiberjaber on the ferry too on his way back to Chelmsford

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
As above September's in the bag 200km a mad circular route around the back of Coventry through Meridian the centre of England to Fradley Junction for a cafe break at 90 miles . Big kudus to @Lilliburlero on completing 75 plus miles stuck in 1 gear he certainly spun to win today

If it`d happened 10 miles before I think I might have bailed out... You guys looked after me, I knew you would :okay:

As @Lilliburlero says above, September done. Another double metric for me and @13 rider. I must point out I played no part in the repairs as I didn't have a clue what @13 rider and Paul were doing!

@Lilliburlero can you ask Paul the proper name for those little clamps as I'm thinking of putting some in my saddle bags.

I`v messaged him, just waiting for his reply.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Today I had a chance for another unidirectional ride, this time to Northampton, where my father-in-law is recovering from a recent visit to hospital. So my wife drove up and I drove us both back.

Gloucester to Northampton isn't far enough without some embellishment, and taking into account the weather forecast I went up to Meriden first, visiting the cyclists' war memorial which I found out about when watching yesterday's Tour of Britain stage. I rode through Warwick University, which 40 years on I scarcely recognised. After that through a succession of villages - Stoneleigh, Hunningham, Long Itchington, Stockton, Napton on the Hill, Priors Marston, Byfield, Woodford Halse, Maidford, Pattishall, Blisworth - all completely unfamiliar and all on quiet minor roads. With a westerly breeze establishing itself, as forecast, it was one of the most enjoyable rides of the year, and 117.40 miles.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Today I had a chance for another unidirectional ride, this time to Northampton, where my father-in-law is recovering from a recent visit to hospital. So my wife drove up and I drove us both back.

Gloucester to Northampton isn't far enough without some embellishment, and taking into account the weather forecast I went up to Meriden first, visiting the cyclists' war memorial which I found out about when watching yesterday's Tour of Britain stage. I rode through Warwick University, which 40 years on I scarcely recognised. After that through a succession of villages - Stoneleigh, Hunningham, Long Itchington, Stockton, Napton on the Hill, Priors Marston, Byfield, Woodford Halse, Maidford, Pattishall, Blisworth - all completely unfamiliar and all on quiet minor roads. With a westerly breeze establishing itself, as forecast, it was one of the most enjoyable rides of the year, and 117.40 miles.

Us Leicester lot went through Meriden and Warwick University on our September qualifier.

rb58

Enigma
September's ride done. Slipped in a second imperial century as part of our Basel to Dunkerque tour. If the rules allow it, I will be submitting the second September century as my qualifier, rather than the one done a couple of days earlier, simply because it includes a lap of the velodrome in Roubaix. Well, we were passing, and the gates were open...... Oh, and also because it was my 200th century. Here's picture of me being led out by @CharlieB , with @Trickedem behind the camera as always.
IMG_7925.jpg

And a picture of the tour team:

Attachments

• IMG_7922.jpg
    IMG_7922.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom