The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Too good a chance to miss today. If ever there was a perfect day to be out on a bike, this was it: total absence of any noticeable wind throughout, moderate temperature from dawn to dusk, and no rain.

I'm progressing with filling in all the numbers from 100 to 150 on Strava; today was 137, leaving just 138 and 140-149 inclusive. I don't know whether I can do it before I'm finished but it's fun to try.

Today I also completed 100 centuries since starting again just over three years ago. And to mark this momentous day I went to - Birmingham!

The weather was almost Summer like today, so I took full advantage and got number ton number 10 done.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I was looking at the perfect cycling weather this week, and sadly comparing the weather forecast for today, which was horrible.

The weather forecasters were right. :sad: I rode out to Grain on the Hoo peninsula and had quite a pleasant outbound leg. It drizzled a bit on the way back until I had about 30 miles to go. The hilliest miles of the ride. Then it got serious and hammered it down. And to cap it all I punctured only a few miles from the end. Got back utterly drenched and shivering like crazy.

Fun, if you like that sort of thing.
Type 2 fun, innit....

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Rubbish weather here too. Forecast is good for tomorrow so I think I'm out early to try and get this months ride done. Bought new arm and knee warmers today and looks like first outing will be tomorrow

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
October done. Cold at 0600hrs this morning, 0.2 degrees in the Surrey Hills:cold:
101 miles, ten down, 2 to go

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Also done. A Hampshire (with a bit of West Sussex) loop. Hard work with a strong headwind for the first half, and somewhat nippy. Ideal for 5,000+ft of climbing then! Lights needed for last stretch- was just putting them on when I had the bonus of seeing Hummers (doing a recce for the annual London-Pompey ride, this Friday- unfortunately clashing with the Shoreham FNRttC).

Trickedem

Guru
On Saturday I had an Army reunion in Birmingham. The original plan was to ride up, till I saw the forecast. Pouring rain and a headwind! So plan B....ride home. Thankfully not too much of a hangover, so I was away before 5.30am.
The escape from Brum was via NCN 5 which goes through some nice parks. It was very cold once I left Birmingham and was showing -3 at the coldest.
IMG_20181007_054539201.jpg

The route then went through Warwickshire where there was a magnificent sunrise
IMG_20181007_065643452.jpg

Then through the Cotswolds through Oxfordshire, Northants, Buckinghamshire and Beds.
I will definitely do this again.

Https://www.strava.com/activities/1890059910

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I was looking at the perfect cycling weather this week, and sadly comparing the weather forecast for today, which was horrible.

The weather forecasters were right. :sad: I rode out to Grain on the Hoo peninsula and had quite a pleasant outbound leg. It drizzled a bit on the way back until I had about 30 miles to go. The hilliest miles of the ride. Then it got serious and hammered it down. And to cap it all I punctured only a few miles from the end. Got back utterly drenched and shivering like crazy.

Fun, if you like that sort of thing.
I knew I shouldn't've been prattling on about how fantastic everything was on Friday - but I couldn't help myself! Sorry mate.

But srsly, Friday was absolutely gorgeous.

Some of my favourite rides have been in the worst of conditions. A self-cleaning bike would be handy though.

Top Bottom