The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Thought i`d share this with you guys now that I know its on, well, I knew it was on a while back to be honest.

My 42nd Imperial century of 2018 was bagged on Sunday and I will now be going all out for 52 for the year for the average of 1 per week.

Its going to take some pretty catastrophic weather in the last two months to wreck my goal, believe me ;)

rb58

Enigma
Thought i`d share this with you guys now that I know its on, well, I knew it was on a while back to be honest.

My 42nd Imperial century of 2018 was bagged on Sunday and I will now be going all out for 52 for the year for the average of 1 per week.

Its going to take some pretty catastrophic weather in the last two months to wreck my goal, believe me ;)

Are you initiating a new challenge - The CycleChat Imperial Century a Week Challenge?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....

That’s really good going, I’m struggling to find the time to do one a month

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Are you initiating a new challenge - The CycleChat Imperial Century a Week Challenge?

Not at all :laugh:. This will be a one-off year, there`s no chance that i`ll be doing it again.

That’s really good going, I’m struggling to find the time to do one a month

I guess i`m lucky that my kids are in their 20`s and my wife works most weekends, so I have the luxury of going out whenever I want.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I eased my way round my November qualifier today. I've been suffering from the coldy virus that many have reported, and it still seems reluctant to leave completely. The day's main feature was the pretty road connecting the Teme and Lugg via Lingen, a road that pops into Wales for barely 100 yards. I've often seen it on the map but for some reason have previously always gone elsewhere.

I was in two minds about today because next week I'll be on holiday in Lancashire, I'll have my bike, and I have authorisation for a single day coast-to-coast. Heysham - Hartlepool has a nice ring to it. Naturally I'd've liked that to be this month's qualifier, but after being ill I really needed a ride this week. I suppose I could've made it 99 miles. As if!

This happened today - a first for me:

Flyby.jpg

OK there was a little patchy rain early on, and I have a filthy bike, but it was hard to imagine a better day to be out there at this time of year.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
. Heysham - Hartlepool has a nice ring to it.

Look like about 105 miles - thought it would have been further.

Very up and down over the Dales. fairly flat once you get east of the A1(M).

Hartlepool is rather low rent which could make for an underwhelming finish to your adventure, although there are a handful of food and drink outlets at the marina, which also has parking.

13 rider

Guru

Nutter ! . I thought my rookie year of 15 centuries was pretty good

Count me out

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Nutter ! . I thought my rookie year of 15 centuries was pretty good

Count me out

I remember doing a ride with you and @Supersuperleeds around Christmas time 2016. I was going to move up from the 50km challenge to the 100km for 2017 and @Supersuperleeds was trying to get you to do the Imperial challenge for that year. I thought you must be mad to have a go at that, but you aced it :notworthy:. I learn a lot from you two about what is possible and I cant thank you enough for it. I would not be doing what i`m doing if it wasn`t for you guys, you have been a massive inspiration :thumbsup:

That's November done for me too, a wee ring ton, did 41miles with the club then another 20miles at pace got the average up from 16.5mph to 17.1mph and then I went pop as I went straight into the headwind so the last 39miles were a lot slower (16.1mph in the end). I had p'tured at some point but with heavy winter tyres I hardly noticed until it was too energy sapping late.

Top Bottom