The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Stupid challenge. Cold, muddy, miserable. And that's just me. February done in fog and with over 6000ft climbing too bloomin' hilly...

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I thought my ears were burning during today :laugh:. Well done 6000 ft if upness is enough :thumbsup:

It just wasn't enjoyable today, after 12 miles it was -4C, the fog didn't clear until about 75 miles and only then did it start to warm up with a bit of sunshine. Still, if it was easy it wouldn't be a challenge....

That's all 3 for February, and I've ridden every day this year too:smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Done. Given the not-terribly-helpful wind direction, decided to do something a bit different. NW towards Winchester, looping NE then E to Petersfield, and down to Chichester (60 miles on the clock) for a late lunch. Some years back, I had suggested to Vernon he might want to try the award-winning wares of Turners Pies of Bognor on one of his visits. As far as I know, he never did. And until today, neither had I. In recent years, they've expanded- first a store in Rustington (just SE of Littlehampton), and now one in Chichester as well. Rustington's not quite far enough for a halfway on a 100 miler to Brighton, let alone the other two, the shops don't open Sunday....hence why I hadn't made a visit before, so I decided to try the rather unusual (for me) route. As for the pie: a £5 meal deal (pie, mash, mushy peas and gravy). Pie was steak and stilton, and it was all delicious. I will be returning! On to Barnham, then down to Bognor (same route as to Felpham on the FNRttC), back up to Chichester and then home, via Eastney for the additional mileage. Shame I can't do a rerun on March 14....;)

Shattered after yesterday's ride stuck in the big ring with rubbing guards then more shattered today stuck in the wee ring with rubbing guards I took the easy route out and did the shorter 60miles club route but I went on for another 40miles at a recovery pace so that's me done for February.
View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/31764778

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
February's ride done today. Bloody tough going with the wind especially on the wolds & was knackered before I'd even got to the 50 mile mark :blush: If it wasn't for this challenge I'd have certainly cut today's ride short & headed home early, so thanks guys for giving me the motivation to stay out all day :okay: (I think:wacko:)
https://www.strava.com/activities/2158097073
Well done - I only did a 3 km round trip to the shops but it was a lot windier than I'd expected!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So thats February's qualifying ride in the bag with the Wye Wednesday 200k Audax with @rb58 & @Trickedem
A lovely day for it too. Apart from a niggly headwind in places the weather was good and mild.

Also nice to see and talk to Rimas @zigzag, though of course the start was the only time we saw him ^_^ @smutchin, and @jiberjaber who had cycled down from Essex to do the ride. Chapeau Sir.

130 miles. 99th month in a row of the challenge.

WyeWednesday.jpg

Last edited:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
March done nice & early ^_^ Got 10+ days off work later this month, but took the chance today seeing as there was nothing but a gentle breeze, rare for any time of year round here. Had to be back home for the daughter at 3pm, so plotted a fairly flat route, just over the 100 mile mark, so i wasn't too pushed.

Top Bottom