The Last Vulcan Flight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yes, I saw that about the pins but not much use if you don't know when it takes off.

Thanks anyway. I am thinking about going over to East Fortune to see it you see.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Yes, I saw that about the pins but not much use if you don't know when it takes off.

It takes off when the wheels leave the ground. :smile:

I suppose the argument is that if they had published the planned takeoff time in advance, it would be almost guaranteed to be wrong on the day. There is also the issue that they don't want thousands of people leaning over the fence at DSA when it departs because of the chaos it will apparently cause on the roads.

midlife

Guru
Takes off today at 1.00pm and passes over Carlisle 70 minutes later....... Camera on charge :smile:

Shaun

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Could some kind person check my arithmetic here please, about 14:20 tomorrow flying over Burgess Hill?
The turning point just before BH is 70 mins after take off, or 60 mins after Waddington. The pdf that Dangermouse linked to says Waddington @ 1300, so I make it 1400 ?? (plus a few minutes, but the turning point after BH is only 5 mins later).

According to that pdf, Bristol airport is 1440, and it will take more than 10 mins to get from your viewing point to Bristol.
So I'd be ready a bit earlier than you calculated!

Of course, it all changes if they take off at a different time! Today's take-off is supposed to be 1pm, which would make BH at 1410.

(Assuming I've got the sums right!)

Getting ready to go Whitchurch (Shrops) for about 1530 today - on the Woodford to Shrewsbury leg. Bit cloudy here but some blue sky. Fingers crossed not too much cloud later as have to get off to Manc at 5 for the England/Uruguay match.

Hoped to get off out on bike 2day but too many consequences of a late return!

I was there......

I was right where I wanted to be, it was at about 2000 ft, and flying fairly slowly. The tiny lanes N of Whitchurch (Shropshire) were rammed! People everywhere.

Very moving, this will live long in the memory. Thanks, Vulcan to the sky.

Attachments

• 1-DSCF6109.JPG
    1-DSCF6109.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 1-DSCF6111.JPG
    1-DSCF6111.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 1-DSCF6114.JPG
    1-DSCF6114.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 46
Top Bottom