FNRttC The latest news on The Fridays Vi(v)a Colonia Tour......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
I suppose someone had to check...........
Ya, where's the photo of the checking being done? And the expression of anyone noticing the checking being done? Post that.

(and butts back out of your thread now....nice trip people).

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It was a very elegant butt. With VPL that was very obvious while I was eating my pancakes.

So this is where you are.

I had checked the conversation and the last post was Michael's saying he was going to the bar ant then...nothing.

Fearful of a "Snakes on a Plane" scenario or should that be "Bikes on a Boat"? I scoured the press for news of a North Sea incident.

I'm glad to hear that all is going well and the sun is shining. See you soon

srw

Kreta Greek restaurant in Venlo

IMG_20160911_210951834.jpg
IMG_20160911_210959798.jpg

Almost Mediterranean.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Campanile residents are at a restaurant/bowling alley. Nosh was excellent. I had chicken with spicy tomato sauce. And frites of course....

srw

IMG_20160912_124828578.jpg

Somewhere between Mönchengladbach and Düsseldorf.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Day Three.
In which the sun shone and it was blooming hot. We played with a rear wheel and then did it again. We stopped at a huge supermarket and the lovely manager was so impressed by our consumption of bottled water, ice creams and loo facilities that he gave us dozens of bottled of ice cold fizzy water. Then we had a photo opportunity. Then we played with another wheel, which was fun. And it was even hotter than it was before. @srw was kind enough to inform me there was a huge red fire engine behind me with lights and klaxons on, which which I wouldn't have noticed it. The Whistle Of Authority was blown.
We have arrived at a place to stay. Beer is being consumed.
Tonight we eat in a beer cellar. This is traditional, apparently.

srw

IMG_20160912_150621529.jpg

A very nice man who manages a supermarket and got stars for it.
IMG_20160912_150347815.jpg

We're in Cologne.
IMG_20160912_170807793.jpg

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
Been there, not a religious type, but that Cathedral is HUUUGE if you get a chance for a closer look.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
a chance for a closer look.
No chance. We're being beasted out of bed early and on the bikes for 8.30 departure cos it'll be cooler, and we're a cool club so that's appropriate.
I'm beginning to think packing a warm duvet jacket might have been an unnecessary precaution. That and the warm soft shell cycling jacket.
This trip is warmer than the LonJog we did several years ago. And then some.

Last edited:

kimble

Veteran
...which is just as well given how spectacularly wet my tent is from this morning. In light of the early start I may admit defeat and wrap it in a binliner tomorrow.

srw

IMG_20160912_193339602.jpg

IMG_20160912_193345864_HDR.jpg

I bumped into a spy, who wanted to know who these dodgy geezers are.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Excellent evening at the Brauerei. No-one who's seen me eat will be surprised to learn I polished off a pork knuckle with mash & sauerkraut followed by apple strudel.

By heck it was hot- I for one coped just fine, in part helped by the very nice aforementioned Herr Röder & his donation of water.

Top Bottom