FNRttC The latest news on The Fridays Vi(v)a Colonia Tour......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
The Dormagen incident.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 60

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
By God it was hot today. @Snail Bait has a photo of the details of today's angelic helper, who let a queue of smelly riders fill up bottles at her tap.

If no-one else volunteers to provide a thank you card (the Fridays being gracious even under duress) I'm happy to do it.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Day four.
In which it was unbelievably warm and sunny and the countryside was lovely. We went alongside some water. There was comedy off roading. Huge ice creams were eaten. And even bigger ice creams. Then we stopped for something to eat. We passed interesting Things. And through pretty villages. A very nice lady allowed us to use her outside tap for water supplies, which was lovely.
It was warm.

Bad news.

A bereavement in my wife's family means she is off to Ireland in the morning until the weekend. I am staying with the kids and so will not be joining you tomorrow night.

If it is not possible to cancel my dinner on Friday, Let me know who I owe the money to.

kimble

Veteran
It was utterly ridiculously hot. The sort of hot that would have cause Michael Jackson's face to run, and that the chocolate stash in my pannier didn't stand a chance against. Anyway, it's no secret that I'm not a morning person and I don't do well in the heat, and after several hours of it I was suffering a mysterious ankle pain, symptoms of something on the hyponatraemia to migraine spectrum, and a total sense of humor failure. As such I can only apologise to those I was snappy, incoherent or excessively sarcastic at. I have since stuck my head in some cold water, restored my electrolyte balance with some Proper Food, and spent an hour or so lying in the dark with a book - and feel much better for it.

No idea about the ankle, will see how it goes. I'm used to Knees.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Never noticed a thing
Quite. Given the exigencies of heat more suited to a Greek July than a northern European autumn (and it is autumn - lots of leaves and acorns and conkers are under wheel) the good humour has stayed remarkably solid.

Given the heat, team W is thinking seriously of becoming team train on Thursday. Others are making an early pilgrimage to the site of the Iron Lady's greatest triumph, or otherwise bypassing or simplifying some miles.

Meanwhile, the hard men are off for a 200km bagatelle tomorrow, @theclaud will in due course post evidence that local beer was drunk, and the rest of us will seek out spiritual and physical refreshment in the cathedral and bars of Aachen on our day off tomorrow.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
If it is not possible to cancel my dinner on Friday, Let me know who I owe the money to.
The Man Who Knows is riding a DIY 200k Audax today in 30 degrees, so is
A) not able to reply and
B) likely to be utterly knackered when he returns.
But there'll be an answer at some point.
Never noticed a thing
Indeed. Considering the heat humour has been good, esp by Our Glorious Leaders who have displayed grace under pressure and made extensive efforts to keep us fed and watered.
Given the heat, team W is thinking seriously of becoming team train on Thursday.
It's a one hour train journey to Leuven. You may not be alone.
spiritual and physical refreshment in the cathedral and bars of Aachen on our day off tomorrow.
The cathedral tour meets at 10.30. I know this because @ianmac62 made sure we remembered by telling us ten and a half times. It should be cool inside the cathedral.

Last edited:
Reactions: srw
Top Bottom