FNRttC The latest news on The Fridays Vi(v)a Colonia Tour......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
We (@Gordon P , @StuAff , @Michael Adu @Andrew Br @Eddie_C @jiberjaber and @4x5) got stuck in professional bike race, snd visited hihest point of the Netherlands. On group pic, I'm standing in Germany, my rear wheel is in Belgium and my front wheel is in Holland.

Big thanks to @4x5 for planning a most fabulous route and being such a lovely ride companion. we can confirm @AKA Bob 's tales of hills in Belgium, but what's all the fuss about? They are only 18 pct....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 57

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
According to Garmin Connect & Strava, climbing was 3000-3500ft or so. Flatter than most of my centuries, but I'm not riding those in 31 degree heat...I have the mandatory 'knackered looking audaxers in supermarket lobby' photo.
The race (GP of Wallonia) was won by Tony Gallopin. Not a really big race like Flanders or Roubaix but still gets a quality entry list.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Just had breakfast in bed (thank you @rvw) and about to think about packing.

Stay cool everyone.

kimble

Veteran
I've just ridden to Coffee Lovers (the big one in Adrian's photo, but I can see both from here) from the campsite, and concluded that I'm in far too much pain to ride another 100k. :sad:

So I'll go and play with trains after everyone leaves.

srw

We're on a train about to arrive at Liège. Pretty countryside, pretty bridge. Epicly hot.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
We (@Gordon P , @StuAff , @Michael Adu @Andrew Br @Eddie_C @jiberjaber and @4x5) got stuck in professional bike race, snd visited hihest point of the Netherlands. On group pic, I'm standing in Germany, my rear wheel is in Belgium and my front wheel is in Holland.

Big thanks to @4x5 for planning a most fabulous route and being such a lovely ride companion. we can confirm @AKA Bob 's tales of hills in Belgium, but what's all the fuss about? They are only 18 pct....
and your right armpit is in three countries. Is this a record?

kimble

Veteran
Made the connection at Liege - which is like I imagine the refurbishment of Mordor Central should have been - and am now on a beautifully air-conditioned train to Leuven.

srw

Made the connection at Liege - which is like I imagine the refurbishment of Mordor Central should have been - and am now on a beautifully air-conditioned train to Leuven.
Leuven demands that you carry your bike downstairs rather than use the lift up to the footbridge. Unless you pull the dumb English card.

srw

IMG_20160915_134223230.jpg

Teams W and K are taking refreshment opposite the Walking Dead ghost ride. It's hot, but the first few clouds are appearing.

jiberjaber

Veteran
Its with a heavy heart that I've scratched...

Currently rehydrating with Belgium recovery drinks after checking the iron bed frame in to Euro despatch.

A Rule 5 moment with a plaster took more than hairs from my leg and I'm now left with a weaping hole the size of a 50p, adding that to my inability to walk properly means it's daft me carrying on ( though perhaps I should have got the train to Leuven and then Euro* tomorrow.... )

Anyway hopefully in the docs tomorrow....

srw

Sorry to hear that @jiberjaber, but you've done the right thing. We passed you on a slow train as you were waiting for your Brussels fast train.

srw

Our bikes have made some new friends
IMG_20160915_144244608.jpg

and we've got a visitor to our hotel room.
IMG_20160915_150600876.jpg

Team cycling will by now be on their third country of the day.

kimble

Veteran
I've checked into the Hostel and am resisting the urge to go wandering in favour of elevating my legs for a bit.

Top Bottom