FNRttC The latest news on The Fridays Vi(v)a Colonia Tour......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kimble

Veteran
Achilleses still failing the stairs test this morning. So I'm going to loiter at the hostel for a couple of hours and have another train day. Enjoy the ride everyone.

kimble

Veteran
I've used a bit of cargo-cult ticket-machine-fu and I've found a train that's hopefully heading in the right direction. Had to wheel the bike through a market that wasn't there yesterday, which was suboptimal; riding hurts much less than walking. Bored of this now. (But it's still better than trench foot.)

kimble

Veteran
Now pitched up in Ghent. Had a bit of a ride around the town, but didn't want to overdo it after having to carry my bike and bags down some stairs at Gent-sint-Pieter station, which is currently a building site.

This campsite has a bit of a 1970s aesthetic, but hot and cold running WiFi and the showers are free and have the best litres/minute rating yet this trip.

Weather seems ideal for a bit of cycling, hope it's all going well and nobody's got trench foot.

AndrewClark

Veteran
If it's the big one on the outside of town (Blaarmeersen) you could have a nose around the Eddy Merckx velodrome which is on site/.
I've stayed at that site a few times, it's OK, but a good walk from the town centre.

kimble

Veteran

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Lost? Lost? No, solo breakaway ;) In B&B. Failed to catch Team Fast up, missed a turn. Opted to keep on following the river & signs for the city. I know where Bidon is and B&B is just south of St Pieters station anyway. It's lovely, btw, reviews accurate.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
So today we had one rider out due to a knackered archilles heel, a puncture, two people hitting the deck (separately), construction works adding a 10km detour, a snapped chain and a lost rider. And the evening entertainment has not even started...
...and a broken spoke (unless the chain was actually the spoke, if you see what I mean).

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Lost? Lost? No, solo breakaway ;) In B&B. Failed to catch Team Fast up, missed a turn. Opted to keep on following the river & signs for the city. I know where Bidon is and B&B is just south of St Pieters station anyway. It's lovely, btw, reviews accurate.
glad to hear you found your way. really sorry we dropped you - we all thought you'd chosen to stick to other group.
and no, the chain wasn't the spoke

kimble

Veteran
Meanwhile, I have a cunning plan for tomorrow: There's a direct train to Veurne from here. I will aim for the waypoint in Hondschoote to meet up with whoever is still the right way up on a working bike and isn't lost, for the victory ride into Dunkirk.

ETA at Hondschoote would therefore be handy. I'm guessing 3-4pm.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
IMG_20160916_210917537.jpg
IMG_20160916_210406771.jpg

IMG_20160916_210358301.jpg

Top Bottom