FNRttC The latest news on The Fridays Vi(v)a Colonia Tour......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jiberjaber

Veteran
Blessing a glass of wine perhaps?

kimble

Veteran
There's traditional Welsh weather between here and the wash block, but I think I've warded off the trench foot for now. The Altura jacket I've been lugging around finally got some use!

wanda2010

Guru
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Just had to visit this place for a nightcap. It's at the back of our hotel.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
ETA at Hondschoote would therefore be handy. I'm guessing 3-4pm.
Gordon's schedule, which tends to be notoriously over-optimistic (usually by an hour or so) says: arrive Hondschoote 4:30pm, dep 6pm. Best way to communicate with The Great Leader is: call him. Text or CC don't get through ATM.

Tim Hall

Gordon's schedule, which tends to be notoriously over-optimistic (usually by an hour or so) says: arrive Hondschoote 4:30pm, dep 6pm. Best way to communicate with The Great Leader is: call him. Text or CC don't get through ATM.
This is where Glympse would come in handy. (presumably other gps spotter thingys are available)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Back at the B&B after a protracted ride home (going wrong way, phone not giving helpful info, extreme caution with tramlines). Got wet, again. Don't care, fabulous evening. Face stuffed with superb food at a ridiculous price in splendid company. Thanks Sonia for second pud.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
ETA at Hondschoote would therefore be handy
Olaf is right. Given the wind & a small group I don't expect to be there before 1630 & we may then linger before final 1 hour into Dunkirk. Text welcome

kimble

Veteran
Okay, I'll aim for that. Will text to update you on progress.

The good news is that I managed the walk to the wash block at 3am without pain, and I've just done a slightly longer distance to reception and back. It's obviously Not Right but isn't actually painful. So an improvement if not a recovery.

rvw

Guru
Team Wilcox, having put an alarm on for 6.30am, decided that more sleep was required and have just finished breakfast. We'll see you in Dunkirk.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
IMG_20160917_114155609.jpg

It's the Saturday morning (train) ride to the coast. We're heading for De Panne, from where we'll ride the 20km to Dunkirk.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
We have arrived at the Ibis after a great day awheel. Weather splendid, ideal for riding. Interesting scenery and we had the bonus of Added @kimble at the French border where some enjoyed a beer. I am drinking a beer. It's the perfect end to a brilliant trip. Not sure if this can be bettered next year.
Thanks to @redfalo and @Gordon P for all their efforts. I know how much time and energy these things consume and they have smothered themselves in glory.

Top Bottom