FNRttC The latest news on The Fridays Vi(v)a Colonia Tour......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
image.jpeg

Today's lunch stop included half a sarnie and this.

wanda2010

Guru
I forgot to add Claudine and I took the train to Leuven, which was a good move. Our hotel is opposite the station and not too shabby. Laundry done and hanging out the window

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Great day's riding. Maastricht is lovely. The countryside us very pretty. W spent ages on perfect cycle paths through rural views. It was all good, not least because it was substantially cooler than of late.
This is unquestionably the most interesting and well-planned tour we've done in recent years.
Our Glorious Leaders have smothered themselves in glory. I can't see how future tours can beat this.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
IMG_20160915_210158623.jpg

Ribs. And mussels. And pinot grigio fir the ladies and Belgian beer for the man.

Team short day are looking forward to tomorrow - cool and flat to Ghent.

I'm surrounded by women who are recommending fluttery eyelashes and smiles as a way to get other people to help them. I'm getting worried about 21st century feminism.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Our casualty rate is only slightly better than the Battle of the Somme's

wanda2010

Guru
Met Sal and Tacey and had a beer. Walked to our hotel for a nightcap to discover their bar is already shut! Oh well, another establishment is open.

swansonj

Guru
View attachment 144100

Ribs. And mussels. And pinot grigio fir the ladies and Belgian beer for the man.

Team short day are looking forward to tomorrow - cool and flat to Ghent.

I'm surrounded by women who are recommending fluttery eyelashes and smiles as a way to get other people to help them. I'm getting worried about 21st century feminism.
I was in Ghent earlier this year. I was seized with a desire to grab a bike and do a night ride to the town that I understand now masquerades as Aachen. Would three of you like to oblige and the survivor give us an account?:smile:

ianmac62

Guru
Tonight's Last Supper in Gent.

Alex is getting stressed by:

- the restaurant's insistence on a very early choice from the group menu

- the E-mails all being in Flemish

- our casualty rate (see above, passim)

So he has told them to stick to the choices for mains (Gentse stoverij with veggie alternatives); offer (a) Greek salad & (b) Flemish dried ham for starters in equal numbers; offer (a) apple pie & (b) tiramisu for dessert in a 2:1 ratio.

Alex and I will take last dibs so that you should get your choice of starter & pudding.

The restaurant seems Flemish (hence incomprehensible e-mails) rather than tourist so it should be good.

Top Bottom