The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Down and out.

Get your rides in early in the month, I didn't and crashed last Tuesday on bike path coming home from gym. Bounced off another cyclist (my right arm very bruised) on bend (he was ok, no blood and he continued ride). Face planted left, afternoon in A&E nothing broken, 12 stitches round left eye they came out today and I should be ok for a gentle ride to yoga tomorrow but not 100km. Finger still bandaged up.

25 month streak broken :rolleyes: It was a gorgeous dry sunny afternoon on a bike path :rolleyes:

Bad luck @Cranky Knee Girl :thumbsdown:

Get well soon.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Down and out.

Get your rides in early in the month, I didn't and crashed last Tuesday on bike path coming home from gym. Bounced off another cyclist (my right arm very bruised) on bend (he was ok, no blood and he continued ride). Face planted left, afternoon in A&E nothing broken, 12 stitches round left eye they came out today and I should be ok for a gentle ride to yoga tomorrow but not 100km. Finger still bandaged up.

25 month streak broken :rolleyes: It was a gorgeous dry sunny afternoon on a bike path :rolleyes:
That sounds very unpleasant.:sad:

Get well soon.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Down and out.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are up and about on the bike again soon. Take care.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Down and out.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, but at least you didn't end up with a broken hip/pelvis/whatever ...

I hope you are fully fit again and raring to go by the time we finally get to Spring!

GuyBoden

Guru
Down and out.

Bad luck, get well soon. I try to keep off those cycle paths, I think they're potentially very dangerous, too many inexperienced cyclists using them badly.

GuyBoden

Guru
It didn't look too cold out of my window this morning, there was no frost, so at 11am I got out on the bike to see if it was actually cold. During the first hour, my fingers and toes definitely were cold, but they warmed up as I pedalled up a few inclines. As I headed East there was a strong cold wind with blacker clouds, but heading West there was breaks of blues sky. I headed to Jodrell Bank and on to Goostrey Bakery for some hot pies (3 pies), then onto Middlewich. There were light snow flurries across the roads, but nothing too heavy. Worst was the road closures making me change my known route near Middlewich.

On reflection, a bit too cold for a pleasant day out cycling. :rolleyes:

steverob

Guru
Down and out.

So sorry to hear this. Hopefully your recovery goes as smoothly as possible.

Down and out.

Ouch - very unpleasant, and unfortunate. You sound remarkably stoical about it. Heal well.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Down and out.

Ouchy. Hope you fix quickly.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Bad luck, get well soon. I try to keep off those cycle paths, I think they're potentially very dangerous, too many inexperienced cyclists using them badly.
I'm very careful and use the Festival Way a lot presuming there is a child on a scooter or dog on extending lead around the corner, I think it was a 50/50 thing, the other guy uploaded his ride too, he rides similar distances to me. I was daydreaming about lunch and there was nobody about, half term over etc not commuting time, not dark (would have seen lights!). He was dressed totally in black so I hadn't caught a glimpse of him coming towards me, and i was probably going a touch fast but nowhere near as fast as many. It wasn't a head on crash, I may have been towards the centre but it all happened so fast, I was going faster and he was bigger than me so I did the bouncing.

Hoping I'll be OK for Wells and Mells audax weekend after next, if the weather is not icy. One of those things and I'm very very lucky no broken ribs, collar bone or even worse pelvis. I happened to be close to my husband's office, I managed to get there after deciding a mile up through the village to the GP surgery was a bit hopeful, there was a lot of blood and A&E were fabulous, took the whole afternoon to sort me out, only waited about 90 minutes, rest was x rays, head injury/sight assessments, swabbing me down and a very experienced EP stitched me up, she said she got lots of practice on Saturday nights. I can open my eye now and the puffy aubergine look is subsiding :wacko:

Last edited:

Elysian_Roads

Down and out.

Down and out.

Sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Down and out.

That's a bummer. At least nothing other than skin broken. GWS.

Top Bottom