The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Finally a day in August which could be described unequivocally as 'nice', with some bits even benefiting from sunshine which had not first been heavily filtered through cloud. Yes, I know it's all sunny and such further south, but here in the Dales it's really not been a great August so far. I'd certainly take some kind of average of June/July/August for the whole period rather than the 'lovely and hot and dry' followed by 'a bit meh' sequence we've had here. An excellent route too, with only a 3km section of the 101km which could fairly be called flat, the rest being very far from flat. I even found a new bit of road (a slightly generous use of the term, and it did feature five gates in 2km, but it's paved) through Roeburndale to recommend to @ColinJ for next time he plans a route near Wray.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Sorry been a bit remiss in keeping track of things, not to mention getting my own rides in. Most of the starters are up to date, just @cosmicbike , @Katherine , @Cranky Knee Girl and @gbs to post August qualifying rides, unless I've missed something...

Katherine

Guru
Good luck with that. The weather is looking awful around Manchester.:sad:
There are 2 club centuries planned for Monday and the metric one is meant to be a steady pace to encourage people who have not ridden that far before. We'll be regrouping regularly so I should be ok.
Hopefully it will have stopped raining by then, though the lanes will be mucky.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Sorry been a bit remiss in keeping track of things, not to mention getting my own rides in. Most of the starters are up to date, just @cosmicbike , @Katherine , @Cranky Knee Girl and @gbs to post August qualifying rides, unless I've missed something...
I was out anyway in Feb, unless I get one in on Weds out this month too, just so many visitors obligations etc

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I was out anyway in Feb, unless I get one in on Weds out this month too, just so many visitors obligations etc
Oops, my bad. Thanks for the update, and roll on 2019?

Katherine

Guru
Done mine too today. So tired. Achy legs.
Not just any metric century, it was the first time for many of our members who usually do the A ride which is up to 40 miles, so they were quite rightly really chuffed with themselves.
However that did mean a slower paced ride with lots of stops and starts for the less confident riders.
And a lovely social time especially when we finished the ride at the pub, meeting up with the 100 milers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom