The More Cash Than Brains Track Bike The Worx WX-R Vorteq $39,000 ? :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
Forget carbon and steel, I'm saving for this 24K gold bike at the inexpensive price of £208,333.33

Gold with diamonds, but you have to provide your own pedals.:laugh:

gold-bike-753x502.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOTrfMf6GTA

classic33

Leg End Member

Last edited:
Now I want a bike made with buffalo horn
I bet someone's tried it...

classic33

Leg End Member
From that link
"Stronger than steel is a bit of a misnomer when it comes to carbon fiber. At the same density, carbon fiber is a lot stronger than steel, but that's not reality. Carbon fiber is 1/5th the density of steel. So what you're looking at is strength to weight ratio. If you have a sheet of steel that weighs 10Kg and a sheet of carbon fiber of the same weight, the carbon fiber would definitely be stronger, but it would also be 5x thicker than the steel sheet.

CF has a ton of uses where a light, strong, rigid part is needed, but I'm never been a fan of most of the CF parts on big, heavy RC cars, especially in parts of the frame where it is subject to forces from multiple different directions. But hey, folks can get whatever they want with their money! :ROFLMAO: "

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

As the narrator says, if you have a serious crash you need to check your carbon bike for failures. The bikes aren't just failing (as you seem to suggest), they are failing following a serious impact. It is true to say that carbon frames will not deform in the way, say, a steel one will do upon impact, the Young's Modulus of carbon is totally different from steel.

But avoid crashing your carbon bike and it isn't going to fail from under you

OP
OP
Anthony.R.Brown

Anthony.R.Brown

As the narrator says, if you have a serious crash you need to check your carbon bike for failures. The bikes aren't just failing (as you seem to suggest), they are failing following a serious impact. It is true to say that carbon frames will not deform in the way, say, a steel one will do upon impact, the Young's Modulus of carbon is totally different from steel.

But avoid crashing your carbon bike and it isn't going to fail from under you

Well considering Pro Cyclists are Crashing now more than ever then that advice won't do for them!

Why Are There So Many Crashes Now! In Road Racing ?

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/why-are-there-so-many-crashes-now-in-road-racing.274182/

Top Bottom